The rear tank doesn’t like to take fuel

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a good writeup on how to do a better tank vent mod

Not sure why that guy in the article had vacuum problems with his tank. I thought all modern fuel caps let air in, but not out.

I ran into the same problem he did, not at the beginning, but later on when one of my hoses fell down. I filled the tank and some fuel got in the belly of the vent hose where it fell and sagged. I finally figured it out and lifted the hose and got the fuel out of it, then everything was back to normal. You definitely need a constant downward slope on the vent hose so it will stay drained of fuel.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
Not sure why that guy in the article had vacuum problems with his tank. I thought all modern fuel caps let air in, but not out.

I ran into the same problem he did, not at the beginning, but later on when one of my hoses fell down. I filled the tank and some fuel got in the belly of the vent hose where it fell and sagged. I finally figured it out and lifted the hose and got the fuel out of it, then everything was back to normal. You definitely need a constant downward slope on the vent hose so it will stay drained of fuel.
Thank you. I’ll check it.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a fwiw tech 101
I got this one from my kid who was a master tech @ ford ...
He would pull the driver side bed bolts and loosen the pass side all the way and jack up the bed.
Its a pita but you rust belt guys know why.
Just enough room to get the job done.
The deiselstop link is a good one.
Realize that the (?rear?) rollover valve is REALLY REALLY close to the bed, so measure closely when modding it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron

Members online