How to remove rear fuel tank?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good video and will help some one for sure.

Don`t worry about breaking the plastic Clips. You can buy new one`s at most Auto Supply`s.
Come in 2 sizes, 5/16 and 3/8".
A little screw Driver under them and they pry up, then the Fuel line just pulls off the Tubes from the Senders.

Maybe in 97 they changed something in the fuel system, IDK.
My 86 is plastic fuel lines from both tanks to the FSV, and the lines just push onto the Senders.

If I had to go through all that work removing the rear tank, I would be replacing it with a Spectra F26E 38 gal tank.
Also this is a good time to the vent mod. for faster fill.

Goat

94f350

Reaction score
What you could do is just drill a small hole in the bottom of your tank on a flat spot, let it drain, and jb weld it shut once you're done, I've jb welded gas tanks before and it held up so you should be good as long as you use a relatively small drill bit.

gandalf

Reaction score

Don`t worry about breaking the plastic Clips. You can buy new one`s at most Auto Supply`s.
Come in 2 sizes, 5/16 and 3/8".
A little screw Driver under them and they pry up, then the Fuel line just pulls off the Tubes from the Senders.

Goat

He's right, those little plastic clips are easy. They come in a small bubble pack. Ask the counter person for Dorman 800-015. It has several of both sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online