Big Ed's Extreme Truck Makeover!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! It is coming together slowly but shureley. I work on it whenever I have the time. It is a slow process but I want it done right.

Also it is hard to see but whole lower porton of the truck below the body line has stone guard sprayed on before painting. So it is textured. Turned out nice!

Man that scoop turned out pretty sweet!

I love the front fenders with those badges too!

One thing I see missing..............................snow and salt.

I see that you've upgraded on the workbench too...... NICE!

Darrin Looks great dude..
That is one way to relieve some serious stress man.

Bob is worth keeping around for some paintin.

Thanks Ron, Bob did a great job on the truck, I am waiting for the first scratch,.....:mad: hasen't happened yet,...

It probablly wont see any salt and snow this year, I may wait till Spring to get it back on the road.
The King Ranch saddle leather interior is the best looking interior I've seen. Wish somehting like that was offered on the Chevy's. I'd a got it. I've already contemplated a King Ranch-like interior the next time I do a Ford makeover.

I agree, the King Ranch interor is awesome, unfortualtlly it wont be installed in my truck anytime soon. I wish I could afford it, but maybee someday,.

Hey that is COOL!!!!!! can you tell me where to get those fender things on the bed i like it!!!!!!
Today 12:54 AM

I have only seen them on one other truck on a pic at the other site. A member converted it to a dually, and they weren't quite wide enough so he added rubber flares.

They were made by Lund back in the late 80's. They are pretty rare. They were part of a conversion package that Ford offered. I have seen them on Rangers more often. Pretty shure you can't get them from Lund anymore. I bought a 87 F150 4x4 reg cab from the auction last year for 800.00. It had the front and rear flares on them. The truck was really pimped out cookoo I removed the flares and sold the truck for like $1500.00 and put the flares in storage untill I was able to do the makeover. I have been hording parts for a few years for this project.

Originally Posted by Dsl_Dog_Catcher
Turbo Diesel

You beat Me Ron, You have good eyes

Here is a better pic of the hood scoop. The badge is the factry Turbo Diesel emblem that came off a 94. In fact I believe that is the turbo that Joe got, sorry the badges weren't included,..:D

Attachments

• SV500025.JPG
    SV500025.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 71

pafixitman

Reaction score
The badge is the factry Turbo Diesel emblem that came off a 94. In fact I believe that is the turbo that Joe got, sorry the badges weren't included,..:D

Me too! You know how much Ford wants for them?cookoo :mad: Then again, badges don't make it go faster!LOL

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When do we get pics of the whole truck? I like that scoop. Looks like it from a 69/70 mach1.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
When do we get pics of the whole truck? I like that scoop. Looks like it from a 69/70 mach1.

Thanks, Pics of the whole truck will happen when it is all done Probablly in the spring. You are correct, same scoop I have had it in my garage for about 10 years wondering what I am going to do with it.

Just a quick update,... I have been working on the truck during the holidays, kinda slacking off on the lot. Sort of my type of vacation. Anyway I got all 4 doors put back together so I can open and close them. Got the Visor ready to install. I have new lights, lenses, and gaskets coming for it tomorrow and hope to install it tomorrow or Saturday. All of the badges on, and one mirror. I got the new K40 CB antenna installed in the roof, Yes it was hard drilling a 1" hole in brand new paint,..ouch,... But it looks good! With the front end dissasemebled I painted everyhing, and will be installing new horns once I find them. I also had a couple of weak tranny lines that needed to be replaced going to the coolers.

I was also able to steel a couple of Chrome items off a coupe of trucks that I have aquired recently and will be installing those soon,...;Really

The next thing that I will be working on is wiring. I started collecting parts for the following:

Headlight Mod
Running Light Mod
Cold Idle Advance Mod
130 Amp Alternator Install (I allready have the alt)
Aux Turn Signals to be revealed at a later date,..hee hee..

That is about it for now. Thanks for indulging me:D

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Sound good Darrin, ;Sweet Your gonna need to find some more HP to haul all of those extra goodies around.:D

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Whats the king ranch interior, where do you get it from
Bill

It's the leather interior that comes in "King Ranch Edition" superduty's. Unless you can get one off of Ebay or somewhere like that, it would probably cost about as much as a whole decent IDI truck.

Tom

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
GRuss said:
Your gonna need to find some more HP to haul all of those extra goodies around.:D

Smells like a rematch.......;p

Ok I'm taking orders. Pics to the highest bidders for those who can't wait.LOL

Good to see ya got them doors back together... Man I was sweatin bullets waitin for that phone call. ;Really

Let me know if'n ya need help on the CIA mod. I got that'un down pat.:D

And you thought drilling a hole in the roof was bad. Try taking a 10# mallet to the firewall........ THAT hurt...... I feel yer pain on that one.:puke:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
And you thought drilling a hole in the roof was bad. Try taking a 10# mallet to the firewall........ THAT hurt...... I feel yer pain on that one.

I drilled 9 more in the roof today,.cookoo .....I got the Lund Moon Visor installed..:D I got 4 of the 6 box tie downs installed also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbehof View Post
Whats the king ranch interior, where do you get it from
Bill
It's the leather interior that comes in "King Ranch Edition" superduty's. Unless you can get one off of Ebay or somewhere like that, it would probably cost about as much as a whole decent IDI truck.

Tom

Tom is exactly right, the King Ranch interior is very expensive if you can even find it. I would like to have it but I don't see it happening for some time. but you never know,..!

Sound good Darrin, Your gonna need to find some more HP to haul all of those extra goodies around.

I am tinking the hood scoop should make up for it!,...:rolleyes:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
69oiler said:
*polishing new air cleaner whistling*

Darrin it's gonna be sweet when it's done :cool

Yup you guessed it Rob. ;Sweet
I took a road trip up to GR yesterday to snag some more bling for Goldie.(Thanks Darrin:thumbsup: )
All I can say is WOW Does Big Ed look sweet!
Tis prolly a good thing I forgot the camera cause I'd be posting pics but will leave that up to Darrin for the reveal when he gitsrdone.:D
Of course I had to leave him a little turned up D2 perfume yesterday to egg him on a bit.:fart
I was really stoked when I put Goldie up next to the 450 Cabriolet bohemeth that he has on the lot. Yup made Goldie look small.:eek:
All in all was a good trip and a good time was had and most of important, I got to touch the truck and see it with my own 2 eyes.:rock:

Looking good Darrin!:cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger