Big Ed's Extreme Truck Makeover!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
:rotflmao LOL :rotflmao LOL ;Sweet

Great responses guys! Travis you crack me up,..."Well the holes will be nice",...I can even hear you say it.

So,...What am I doing? well I guess it could be a number of things, I like Gruss' Michigan Defroster Option, Very Cool,.. Or maybee Demo Derby Stacks like Rob said.

It may also be intercooler toobing holes, I have seen this done like that before, Maybee Ram Air system, or just trying to take care of an overheating problem.

It could even possibly be that I was inspired by the truck in the pics, and will be installing a big ole snorkle hood scoop, Hmmm.

But at this point I haven't decided if I want to show you all yet, I may wait untill the truck is done. and do a Makeover Reveal, Well see..

Attachments

• SV500018.JPG
    SV500018.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 57
  • SV500019.JPG
    SV500019.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 56
  • SV500020.JPG
    SV500020.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 42

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And to think I used to get comments that the stacks made my bed useless!

LOL

What's that your haulin?

Oh, that's a roll bar.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Agnem said:
And to think I used to get comments that the stacks made my bed useless!

LOL

What's that your haulin?

Oh, that's a roll bar.

That's the John Force Ram Air Hood Modification. Looking for sponsors? ;Really

Wish you were doing this 6 months from now. I may have just what you needed.

Tom

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
That White truck was real clean and looked pretty tough, but the roll bar was redicluous, and the owner's ego was as big as his truck. I just had to take a couple of pics of it LOL

Well Body Man Bob is starting the body work today, we have both been tied up so we are a couple of days behind but we are now making progress! ;Sweet

I have decided that I am going to reinstall the tie downs because the holes are bigger that we thought and I don't what that much body work on the truck. So ther will still be some chrome on the body of the truck.

Here are a couple more pics.

Attachments

• Bob 1.JPG
    Bob 1.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 36
  • bob 2.JPG
    bob 2.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 38

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
argve said:
Well the holes will be nice... :confused: cookoo LOL
Yep they sure are. :Sly

After digging thru what seemed the archive section, I feel it was time to bump this back up a few pages or so. cookoo

Nick and I made a field trip up to see the Big Ed Extreme Makeover in person and WOW! does Darrin have a few tricks up his sleeve. :D

Not gonna say what they are, but I think after Darrin gets done with the makeover, Big Ed will need to be addressed as "Mr. Big." :hail

Nick decided that he wanted to help things along by putting in his time.
Did he ever. :rotflmao :rotflmao

Mel, Sorry to say this but red paint and the '05 rally shirts just don't match. LOL

Darrin.....lookin good! :thumbsup:

Oh and you welcome on the blacktop resurfacing........ Hey what's that vibration. :rolleyes:
Better go find the dog.

Later ;Really

Attachments

• P7010253.JPG
    P7010253.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 13
  • P7010254.JPG
    P7010254.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 9

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
That's a great pic of Nick! ;Sweet I think he had fun, It was good seeing you again Ron, thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your new parts. Hope you can come up again when the truck is ready for reassembly, I can use someone of your experience :Sly

Former Goldie sounded awesome when you pulled out of here, I am thinking you like the new turbo,..

The makeover is going slower than I would like it to on account of Body Man Bob being busy moving his car lot. However I am not rushing him becasue it is getting done right, and he is doing me a favor. He normaly works on all custom stuff and monster trucks, (yes real ones) It looks like he is done with moving his lot today, and will be working on Big Ed on more of a full time basis starting tomorrow and after the hloiday. It is working out well though as I have been able to do a few things on the truck while it is sitting here at the shop. ;Sweet

Gotta go for now!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Quick Update, the first paint is going on! ;Sweet

Here's the deal, Body Man Bob, prepped the box sides and got them ready to paint. He is shooting them an my shop so I can install the cheater dually fenders (laying on the tires and in the bed in the pics). He wanted a good coat of paint and primer on the box sides under the dually fenders. Tomorrow I will install the fenders and then the truck will be moved down to his paint booth just up the road and the rest of the truck will be prepped and painted.

I love to see progress!

Attachments

• first paint 2.JPG
    first paint 2.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 16
  • first paint 3.JPG
    first paint 3.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 14
  • first paint 4.JPG
    first paint 4.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 16

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Quick Update, the first paint is going on! ;Sweet
I love to see progress!

Whew! bout time....I could hear that thing rusting all the way down here.:rotflmao
Just kidding.

Ya might get it finished by July.:rolleyes:

It's good to see the other project is coming along. I was afraid that it wasn't gonna work since it wasn't needed anymore.;Really

I want one of them GEO workbenches tho.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh BTW, What's wrong with this picture?

Umm.. that's an early style Banks air box lid, which was found on the same island that Godzilla's eggs came from. :eek: Not sure if that towmotor is up to the task or not. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online