Big Ed's Extreme Truck Makeover!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Yes all of the holes will be welded, grab handles, badges, and tie dwns, that's Body Man Bob's job. I really don't like body work so I will be just on the dissasemble and reassemble crew that way nothing on the body work will get messed up!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
It should be painted by the first of next week. :thumbsup:
Darrin
:eek: :moon:
That's no fun. Ya got to take 4 1/2 months and tear it ALL the way apart then remeber how it goes. LOL

But if'n it makes ya feel good...... GET ER DONE! :smash: :Sly

Not to steal the makeover , here's what the big blue gold one cookoo was up to last weekend. :D

Attachments

• P6150230.JPG
    P6150230.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 68

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hail Wow looking real good Darrin!! Great idea with the containers! Those flares are really cool, are they the ones you swiped off a truck that came through the lot a few months back or maybe now like a year or so back? Both you and Ron are making me get the itch to break out the sander!

:hail :hail Ron, "Goldie " looks great!! I think that is the first pic that I've seen with her all back together!! Hard to believe it's the same truck that I saw!! Excellent job!!! :hail

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
:eek: :moon:
That's no fun. Ya got to take 4 1/2 months and tear it ALL the way apart then remeber how it goes. LOL

But if'n it makes ya feel good...... GET ER DONE! :smash: :Sly

Not to steal the makeover , here's what the big blue gold one cookoo was up to last weekend. :D

Hey mine has been apart for almost 5 months, and i have to remember where it all goes?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Not to steal the makeover , here's what the big blue gold one was up to last weekend.

That is a ton of wood, and the truck aint even squattin!! Very :thumbsup: What do you think that weighs?

That's no fun. Ya got to take 4 1/2 months and tear it ALL the way apart then remeber how it goes .

I learned a lot from helping you, and I know that I want to start putting it together next week> or my memory is shot, and I won't remember anything! Good thing I have a couple of parts trucks laying around also! I also learned how to remove door guts, that helped alot today! ;Sweet

Wow looking real good Darrin!! Great idea with the containers! Those flares are really cool, are they the ones you swiped off a truck that came through the lot a few months back or maybe now like a year or so back? Both you and Ron are making me get the itch to break out the sander!

Thanks Eric!, You are correct about the flares, I thought I would give a sneek peek of some of what will be going on the truck before the paint job. Those have been tucked up in the garage rafters for about a year now.

Hey mine has been apart for almost 5 months, and i have to remember where it all goes?

It helps if you have aonther IDI to take a look at and see where parts go, If you need to buy one for that purpose I can help you out with that! :Sly LOL

Later,
Darrin

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
It helps if you have aonther IDI to take a look at and see where parts go, If you need to buy one for that purpose I can help you out with that! :Sly LOL

Later,
Darrin

yes see my new post??

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ron just wants to see how the paint holds up when one of those logs makes a mad dash for Goldieblue's hips. :eek:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Update for today,

Got the spoiler made for the top of the cab, decided to sell it on e-bay LOL

Removed the headliner, just not from the truck, what I found out is that you cant take it out of the truck if you have a windshield, or back window installed, so it is pulled down sitting on the seats. I need to install a new CB Antenna and run the wires for it. I am gonna once and for all mount a K40 to the top of the truck, instead of a magnet mount that works sometimes. Yes that means drilling a hole in the top of the cab. I did this on one of my old trucks and it was the best antenna and install job that I have seen. THe K40 is real quality stuff.

While I was at it I am installing a new rear view mirror with outside Temp, Direction, Auto Dimming, dome lights, etc. That incorprates about 7 wires to the unit. I also have to run wires up to the new Lund Lighted Visor for the running lights. So I am doing all of that wiring while the headliner is out.

I got the front of the truck dissasembled, headlights, grill, and next is the brush guard and fog lights.

Body man Bob will be there tomorrow with his welder and other equipment to start filling in the holes and sanding the body. We were gonna start tonight but we both got held up with customers.

Thats it for now,
Darrin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mydixiewrecked

Members online

No members online now.