ats turbo for 61.99

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well fellas i've been working to hard to be messing around with my truck, but 2day i got a day off...went to my local pickurpart and wham ats turbo pulled it off paid 61.99. gunna put up pics l8r. Any advice as to checking this turbo out??what i should look for etc thanx.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I hope you got everything with it. You need all the exhaust piping, oil drain and intake hat or you need to go back and get it.
Post pics of everything you got.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Yeah I am no expert with these turbos but you are gonna need some exhaust piping and some plumbing to get oil to the turbo.

Last edited:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOU MUST GO BACK TO GET THE REST!!!!!!!!!!:yell:LOL

There is a cast iron collector pipe and bent tube cross over pipe that collects and directs the exhaust from the two sides of the engine to the single turbocharger inlet. You also don't have the oil feed line and the downpipe.

By far the most critical to get is the cast iron "Y" pipe. You can't easily make one and ATS doesn't have them anymore.

The downpipe and cross over pipe can be made up and the oil line can be bought since its standard.

Do you have the big @$$ O ring for the intake swirl chamger? There are actually 2. One for the inlet that seals it to the turbo, another for the outlet on the big side to seal it to the intake manifold. Again, those aren't too big a deal because they can be replaced.

The small black thing you held up in the begining...thats the turbo pedistal. Very critical to have that since its not an easy part to make and you can't buy it anymore.

Good score though.;Sweet

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yep, listen to David, he knows his stuff. Looks like you have a 088 non waste gated turbo system there, just like the one i have. Very good turbo system, and uses a 3" down pipe. Very capable of making you feel the seat. lol
Here's some pics I took of my system when I first bought it a couple years ago. It shows pretty much everything the system should have minus the intake hat which it came with I just didn't put it in the pics, and you showed that in your video as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Is that the P-n-P in chilliwack? what truck was it out of and whats left of the truck?

zpd307

Reaction score
i found a factory 93 in a yard the other day.... i asked about the turbo, no go, they wanted to sell the whole motor, not just the turbo. they said it ran but smoked a lot. $600.00. i took the air cleaner though.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot more than you showed in the Youtube video. That looks like everything. Can't beat it with a stick for 61.99, I have that turbo system and I love it. I'll bet you worked hard for it pulling all that stuff out. How's the turbo feel in terms of play on the turbine shaft? It looks great almost in brand new shape. Your going to need all the cold side orings including the big one under the swirl chamber, I'd get all new ones. No reason they have to be ATS branded stuff, just have to be the right size and good quality stuff.

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pnp was in westbank bc not much but a 6.9 4 speed transcase. i will go back and get the rest of it on sunday. only had 45 min to get he turbo out before they closed. thanx for the info and ill let you know how this goes.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Impressive that you could get it in 45 minutes without chewing it up. You must be quite handy to pull that off.

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Impressive that you could get it in 45 minutes without chewing it up. You must be quite handy to pull that off.

wasn't bad just un did the bolts and pulled the pedistal off, yanked the turbo and ran to the door. and thats why i didn't get any of the exhaust piping.

zpd307

Reaction score
that is just sean showing him what everything is for the turbo system, so he knows what to get when he goes back to the junk yard. even if they charged you another 100.00, that is still a hell of a deal. i was hoping the junk yard down here would have told me a price like that for the turbo......

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If the oring under the hat is shot, you can find one that will work at a Cat dealer. Also you should replace the oring in the air cleaner where it slips onto the turbo so you don't suck dirt there. If you have trouble finding that one, I should have an extra around here somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle