Another new guy intro

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my new truck (see sig) yesterday! This is my first diesel/full-size pickup. I've been lurking on here regularly for the past 4 months or so and decided it would be a wise decision to join this forum!
About the truck... in addition to the details in my sig, it has had extensive work done to it before I purchased it (safetied and e-tested). Its got new ball joints, PS lines, brake lines/other brake components, IP, rear diff speed sensor, gauge cluster, windshield, and some other things I can't think of at the moment. Runs real nice as far as I know in my limited experience....
Its rust-free except for a bit of surface rust here and there from deep scratches and underneath on the frame, axles, etc.
It DOES have lots of dents, scratches, chips and so on, but nothing extreme... damage is just cosmetic. The paint is also quite faded so you can see where the gov't had their stickers and ID numbers on it!
I plan to keep it for a very long time, and will be using it for work (landscaping and, hopefully, some forestry in the next couple years) so I can justify spending money on it to improve it... I just don't have much $$ at this point.

Hope ya'll are having a good weekend!

Rob

bird hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you joined the right forum for your new truck, welcome. But do you have any pics?

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how posting pics goes... Got my avatar up no problem.. I'm assuming the pic shows up after you post your reply and not in the box you type in? I'll see if this works. Definetly feeling like a n00b right now! lol

I suppose that didn't work...:dunno

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Not sure how posting pics goes... Got my avatar up no problem.. I'm assuming the pic shows up after you post your reply and not in the box you type in? I'll see if this works. Definetly feeling like a n00b right now! lol

I suppose that didn't work...:dunno

LOLLOLthere is a forum just for testing purposes. I feel your pain as I am not too computer saavy myself.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it seems to work at first... I "browse" my computer, find the pics I want to upload, then press "upload" and then when that box disappears, there is no picture.

Anyhow... just did the first oil change and made a bit of a mess. hehe As I unscrewed the filter it slipped out of my hand and spilled. Got it cleaned up reasonably well. Put on a NAPA Gold PSD filter and put in Valvoline All-Fleet Plus (which I got 10% off at TSC)
So far I like the accessibility of components and the amount of space there is to work with. Its so nice not having to jack up the vehicle!

Another thing I noticed is that the truck has Bosch glow plugs... I'm thinking I might swap them out for Beru/Motorcraft gp's this fall. NOT interested in pulling a head to retrieve broken pieces!

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets see here if these pics work now... enjoy! Can post more upon request.

You must be registered for see images attach

Just installed a 2.5" in/out 28" long Thrush glasspack last Friday. Really enjoying the sound! I can actually hear the exhaust now; not just the engine and tires! :D its not too obnoxious either...

Now I just need to do something for the intake, but I don't really want to spend much money or cut into stuff. Also having second guesses after reading about some members getting a bit too much moisture in their intake with cowl induction. Any good intake alternatives to cowl induction or cutting the rad support that I'm missing/not thinking of?

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks riotwarrior. Its already been given a couple nicknames by my friends... They call it 'the bus' or the tonka truck. lol
Definetly looking forward to learning more about this machine and modifying and improving it! I've likely spent over 100 hours reading through threads on this forum, but there is always so much more!

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, welcome to the forum. This here is the best place for info on these rigs!!!!

John

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Nice to hear someone popping in just to say all is well, rather than "I did this, that and the other" and then we have to say "oh big mistake!" LOL

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to hear someone popping in just to say all is well, rather than "I did this, that and the other" and then we have to say "oh big mistake!"

:rotflmao no problems yet! And hopefully not for a while... but in the event that something DOES happen, I know exactly where to go first! :hail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel