Another new guy intro

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum where we don't tell you thats a dumb question to ask here. We all came from the place where we knew little if anything about these engines or trucks. I have been around for some time but... I still continue to learn things here all the time. My post count is well past 12,000 posts now. That does not mean I know it all. I feel we all can learn from someone else. This is a family forum with lots of young members too. Some of us enjoy teasing others that we know very well. As an example mu area behind and under the rear seat of my rig is known to hold most every part needed to keep someone running during a roadside breakdown. Some even think I have a complete engine back there...:D Another really great member paints all his trucks blue so we tease him about that. We do have fun here but never really call out anyone. To be called out or given a suspension is really trying to get kicked off this side. Very few members are dismissed never to return too. A kind word telling a member they are posting something thats "testing" the boundarys is usually all it takes. At the bottom of any posting is a yellow triangle. Click on that to send a message to the moderaters about what you feel is an off color post. Thats how we hamdle that. Very seldom do we get spammers on here. I saw a few about 3 years ago around 4 am once. They were delt with quickly. One wouldn't think anyone would be online at 4am on the west coast... Many of us are online all day and nite. You never know when someone is asking for help. Enjoy your stay and please ask questions before you tear into things. Its far easier to offer help before you do something that you shouldn't have done... Believe this too. Most anything you may want to do has already been done before. Asking questions can save you lots of money too.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha I've come across numerous teasing jabs here and there in my reading of this forum. I like it when members can poke some fun once in a while (in a friendly manner) without getting bad reactions or seriously offending someone. A good sense of humour goes a long way IMO.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any on my computer so I'll have to get out after work tomorrow and take some. Should be posted up before this time tomorrow.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go. Forgot to re-size the photos. :idiot:
10 ton pintle and two fairly heavy hooks
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks to me like a homemade setup done by the gov't mechanic (or whoever worked on it when Natural Resources owned it) using just angle iron and channel

Here is the attatchment point. Not super heavy duty, but I think it ought to be good enough to pull cars out of ditches. Anyone else have input on that thought?

Oh and a friendly reminder to everyone buying a "new" truck... don't forget to check the air filter! Here is a shot of the one I got... replaced it ASAP!