Another ATS install

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Well i got the ATS in it was a bit of a screw around with getting everything allied up so it all goes together correctly. The snail thing was a pain as well, im not sure if there is a trick to that but that's a poor detail. Anyways its in and im just running the down pipe for now till i get some more exhaust parts and my commute to work is only 6 KM but you sure get the turbo whistle sounds like a big rig when the windows are down

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 24
  • photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMGP5628.jpg
    IMGP5628.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 25
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 43

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well it looks good to me. I see you have the hydroboost brakes. How are you likeing that.... Glad its up and running.... No fun when our rigs are down and we can't drive them. My neighbors always ask me why I'm working on mine so much. I tell them its a way of life.... Its not just a truck... It something I enjoy doing...

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
He got the actual 093, not the factory version, judging by the filter box.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
its a mix of both it seems. I found a ford PN on the crossover and i have the small turbo outlet, not sure on the down pipe it came with the kit

Love the hydroboost i would recommend it to anyone, i got it from a 92 450 and it was just about a direct bolt in

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
hydroboost is awesome on DD vehicles. Bad on offroad trucks because it sucks your steering power.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
just got to get a bigger pump. only issue i had with ti was getting the fluid hot. got a big cooler on it now.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
so i noticed the power is up a bit, but not hugely still does not put me back in my seat. but i have not turned up the pump yet, Im assuming that's why:confused:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
so i noticed the power is up a bit, but not hugely still does not put me back in my seat. but i have not turned up the pump yet, Im assuming that's why:confused:

how much boost you making? i can make 15psi pretty easy and almost smoke free with mine and i have a crushed downpipe, but also have the wastegate un hooked, mine sets you back in the seat pretty good too

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
yea i kinda thought it was pintless to ask that question so early because i have not hooked up a boost gauge yet because i have not had the time, but i should know the boost before im looking at fuel

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
yea i kinda thought it was pintless to ask that question so early because i have not hooked up a boost gauge yet because i have not had the time, but i should know the boost before im looking at fuel

Yes please get a boost gauge on there, and i know its not right for me to say it cause i dont have one, but you need a PYROMETER too,

I have a pretty mild balance between fuel boost and my boostleak right now, i can see almost 13.5 psi smoke free, if i wait till the turbo hits 6psi before i start giving it alot of pedal, but i think i dont really make over 15psi cause of my leak:puke:

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it looks good to me. I see you have the hydroboost brakes. How are you likeing that.... Glad its up and running.... No fun when our rigs are down and we can't drive them. My neighbors always ask me why I'm working on mine so much. I tell them its a way of life.... Its not just a truck... It something I enjoy doing...

Yeah, same thing here. My next door neighbor comes over with the line, "whats wrong with the truck now?" I tell him the same thing everytime, just playing around with it.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking good, triple pillar pod looks cool, I bought a double then chose to cut it into two singles for better visibility :eek: