Aluminum injector caps

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you need any 'T's. My truck has the left/right bank crossover at the rear two cylinders, so only 1 more 90 for the passenger side that goes to the 'T' for the right side/tank return.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A turbo setup you need 2 90s, 2 dead end, 2 T's and 2 straight through?

3-90's, 1-dead, 2-T's, and 2 straight through I think.

If I remember correctly it went something like this. Not sure if my T's are in the correct position but you get the idea.

You must be registered for see images attach

that is correct, and the tees make it easier to crossover without the turbo cooking the one at the rear.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really, when it comes right down to it, you do not NEED anything other than the standard double barb inline. There is no required routing, and you can in fact, route however you would like. As long as each injector can return fuel to the tank, the hoses can go wherever the heck you want them to, and a dead end cap can be simulated with a rubber plug and a clamp, and T's in the line can be done with standard plastic barbed T's and not fancy 3 barbed return line caps. Call me a spoil sport, but spending more time CNC'ing fancy variations is not needed, unless you just really enjoy doing that!

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
personally, I'd be very, very interested in a set with a single -4 AN threaded fitting on them, I'd much rather do them once and manifold braided stainless lines together to permanently eliminate associated issues

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally, I'd be very, very interested in a set with a single -4 AN threaded fitting on them, I'd much rather do them once and manifold braided stainless lines together to permanently eliminate associated issues

I am not sure what that is could you post a picture of this?

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score

something like the last one is what I have in mind, even if you could just make them with the barb large enough to thread myself.......

Last edited:

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having the AN fitting would be pretty trick. I know after I switched a few oil lines and fuel lines to AN fittings a lot of my small leaks and seepages went away on my Fummins.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You would have to keep it from pulling while you tighten the hose up.

Maybe some push lock or twist lock hoses could work also.

But definitely overkill.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

thx997303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think AN fittings wouldn't do a bit of good. The o-rings are really the weak point.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about push-to-connects? I don't know what the flow requirement is on the return system but 1/16 or 1/8 npt threads into the caps open up just about unlimited posiblities. Might even be able to go with 10-32 stuff but that might be a little small and restrictive.

thx997303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont believe that anything done to the hose barbs will fix the prolem with our return lines. The problem seems to be that the caps are able to move around on the o-rings freely. This makes for a tenuous seal.

Until we figure out how to install the caps and keep them stationary, the caps will continue to be an issue.

Thinking on it, we have a shelf on the top of thr injector, and one below the return line area. If we made a cap that had a taller portion the fuel line could bear on, and used copper sealing washers on these two shelves, we might be able to install the return caps by threading on the fuel lines. I think this would solve our issues. Ony problem is, i dont have the abikity to make and test these.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online