2 front Injector/return lines leaking

f2fitty

Reaction score
Alright guys so here's my issue.
I started out with an air leak in my hard fuel lines and a fuel leak on my 2 front left injectors/return lines. So I got a whole new set of hard lines and a return line replacement kit.

I got it all installed, new caps and lines and Orings.
The air leak is pretty much gone but I still had fuel leaking from the front two injectors.

I took out the 2 injectors to check them out and they were pretty dirty so I cleaned them up and re torqued them in.
Replaced caps with new orings again and started the truck.
Now... after running for about 10 minutes it looked like the leak was at least slower but turns out it wasn't and I have diesel "pouring" out underneath the truck once it runs for awhile.
I've gone through this thing at least 10 times with new orings, re checking torque, brass washers, put on the old caps to check if that was it..
I have no idea what to do.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I'm at my wits end with this thing.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not think a return line o-ring leak would "pour" out. Maybe a drip. I would get some brake cleaner and clean the top of the engine off, and get a good flashlight and try again to see where the leak is coming from. This is getting harder and harder for me as I get older and my vision is not that great. I need lots of light.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Move the injectors, see if the issue follows.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This is getting harder and harder for me as I get older and my vision is not that great. I need lots of light.
I can understand that one perfectly.
I would get some brake cleaner and clean the top of the engine off, and get a good flashlight and try again to see where the leak is coming from.
This is the next step. If you can't find out where the fuel leak is coming from, you can't possibly fix it. maybe you should see exactly where the fuel is coming from underneath. If it's from on top of the starter, then it's coming from on top of the engine. There's a drain that ends up dumping a fuel leak on top of the engine down onto the starter. If it's along the driver's side, I would suspect a leak in the return line that goes back to the fuel tank(s).

f2fitty

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the help.
After cleaning everything off, re torqueing the injectors, ect I finally went and got 2 new injectors and replaced the old ones. They must have been thr issue because now I have 0 leaks and the truck is running smoothly.

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.