97 dually parts to 90 srw

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son is looking at a 97 CC dually 4x with a stroke and E4OD. $5000.00

he doesnt like the dually look.

I told him he can pull axle and we can swap a srw axle in as I have a few.

Also I am hoping my single wheel front hubs can swap for his duallys.

Thus converting 2 trucks with simple bolt in stock parts.

Anyone know if the 97 front dually D60 hubs would be incompatible with my 90 front axle and vica versa?

Best of my knowledge its a simple straight forward swap.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know all the Dana 60 Dually and Dana 60/50 SRW hubs are interchangable on the spindles. So that shouldn't be an issue. I know in the mid 90's I think they changed the brake caliper retention method, but that shouldn't affect the hub.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
That's what I recall. Only part of the outers that's not the same are the knuckles. Kingpins versus balljoints. Just as long as it's still OBS. When Ford went through their massive overhaul of nearly every aspect of their trucks (and made they're ugliest trucks ever), my knowledge runs out.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I recall. Only part of the outers that's not the same are the knuckles. Kingpins versus balljoints. Just as long as it's still OBS. When Ford went through their massive overhaul of nearly every aspect of their trucks (and made they're ugliest trucks ever), my knowledge runs out.

i like my sooper ******!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I should've clarified. The F150's of that generation were the ugliest they ever made. Driving my grandparents '98 half ton while the Enterprise is in their barn. So. Ugly.

sven502

Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly converting an 87-88 dually (haven't bought it yet) to a SRW. I have an 89 F250 that I planned to use as parts for the swap. Both trucks are 2WD. My understanding is the front hubs should swap? Is the dually rear end actually wider, or is it just a case of swapping hubs as well? I'm just wondering because the dually rear end has alot less miles, not sure what the best route would be. Thanks