94 F250 7.3 Sitting for 15 years

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I feel you have a good handle on changing the pump. Best I can add is the three nuts that hold the pump to the gear housing are 9/16 and the lower ones are ruff to reach but still doable. Now the three bolts under the lemon shaped cover on the front of the gear housing are a 5/16 hex 12 point sockets work well here too. The torque on those small bolts are 25 ft lbs. they are small but very strong. BTW they are the same bolt as found in the rear universal point and Napa sells them in a universal repair kit. Watch where the throttle return spring sets in the fast idle solenoid bracket. It fits in the notch at the lower end. The tps switch on the drivers side of the throttle shaft has 2 allen screws in it and MUST be installed on the new pump correctly. If you mess up the tps will break. So please take pics on how that shaft drive tab is connected to the throttle shaft. Sorry I do not recall the allen wrench size. It is small.. When installing the tps you will need to adjust the idle setting voltage to .96 to 1.2 volts at idle engine off but key on. A digital voltometer is required for this. It you have a manual trans disreguard all the tps info.. The pump can only engage the gear one way and the gear can't jump a tooth when the pump is removed. Just don't crank the engine with the pump removed. It does not matter where the pin is located either. You do not need to make the engine at tdc number one cylinder either. The pump can have all the hard lines on the back of it but the fuel feed line must be removed to lift out the pump. That throttle cable bracket must be removed for easy pump removal too. Once the pump is free move it back towards the intake manifold. Then shift it to the drivers side and lift it up out between the passenger side mounting stud and the top mounting stud. Same for install with all the hard lines attached.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so here is what is most likely the situation. Your pump stopped on a high cam position which pushed the plungers in. Now, 15 years later, they are glued in place. Short of getting a new pump, you can try one thing. Take the pump off the engine, find a way to hold it, and find a way to spin the input shaft with a power drill. Preferably something in the neighborhood of 500 RPM. Hook a 60 PSI electric fuel pump up to the inlet, and apply 12 volts to both terminals on the pump, and ground the body. Spin it clockwise, as viewed from the end of the input shaft, and hold the throttle wide open. Normally, your pump only spins at 75 RPM when cranking. The extra RPM and higher fuel pressure may cause the pistons to dislodge from their stuck position, and the pump might flow fuel. Keep body parts away from the output fittings and point it away from things. If you get fuel, you can put it back on the engine to see what else, if anything is wrong. But, you can bet its not going to run well, and you should still budget a new fuel system to get it running right.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's alive!!!!! On 18 yr old fuel and all!! Everything so far good Cept needs power steering fluid. I do have some white smoke could this be from sitting or maybe IP not timed perf or maybe old ass fuel. Local guru said run it, won't hurt ****.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. She did a lap just fine, power steering is empty so that sucks. Off to get a new pump tomorrow just cause!!

Smoke cleared up
Brakes work good( new master cause reservoir was cracked)

Only problem is a got some seepage one the new line at the injector. So gotta deal with that also tomorrow.

Oh ya AC compressor is locked up when you turn on AC clutch just smokes. So get that next few weeks.

Need me some tires soon as I go to dmv and get a plate and run her!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Great to read you got it running. As for timing you bet it will be not timed correctly. Even though many feel just line up the marks for timing .. That is incorrect. Those lines mean nothing after the original pump is removed and another installed. Sadly rebuilders don't grind off these timing marks on rebuilt pumps. But it is a "close enough to make it run" timing. Usually white smoke is retarded timing.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Standing in front of the truck, do I turn the pump clockwise (to the right) or counter-clockwise (to the left) to advance the timing?

It has been determined using the terms passenger or drivers side is a better way to tell someone what way to look or turn something like timing. Just a further note about our engines. The cylinders on the passenger side are the odd numbered cylinders and the drivers side are the even numbered cylinders. They count from the radiator back to the firewall....1-3-5-7 on passenger side... And 2-4-6-8 on the drivers side. You can see the firing order cast into the passenger side of the intake air horn area and every intake port has that cylinder number cast into it almost between the 2 bolts that connects it to the heads.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man had to order #3 hard line.. she was cracked at the nut.. i couldnt get the leak to stop so pulled it and you can see the crack in the right light, Oil has been changed.. line will be here friday most likely..
Added power steering fluid and it works no leaks...
Oil has been changed and new filter
Windshield wiper motor didnt like to run at first but shes working good now with new wiper blades
White smoke has completely cleared up after prob 2 hrs of idle time, still some blow by out the hose from the valve cover, I guess its normal
next weekend i guess ill start cleanin her up, order a few parts for the tailgate since handle is broke and clips for the rods disintegrated..
Oh new stereo installed!!!Gotta have tunes!!!!

Gotta save a few more pennies toss a 4 inch lift and 35's i think and then start the body work and paint her in the shop.. Only one crease in the bed, and a few dings.. But the paint is chipped from the sun cooking it for so many years!

Ima make it like new and get rid of the titan, why have a payment!

Thanx for all the help you guys been awesome! Ima try and post a video of when i got her going!!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds healthy.i wouldn't advance the timing from there without a meter.congrats.i hope ya don't take too bad of a beating on your titan.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm so upside down on the Titan. Bankruptsy time. I HD a heart attack in August at 43 years old. My insurance won't pay because I was sent to the wrong hospital. Not in my network, so either I get a lawyer or bk!!! $65000 bill and climbing so far.

Ok the truck. New line is on and she's running amazing, I do have a brake light on dash staying on? E brake sensor maybe???

What size tires will fit stock 16 rims???

You guys where life savers. The wife got to drive her dads old truck and our 4 yr anniversary is tomorrow. So I'm gunna get some tonight hahahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online