94 F250 7.3 Sitting for 15 years

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and now I didn't wanna start. It had a full tank I've used a little over a 1/4 now. I had to bleed it, pick up screwed possible? Was fine till this afternoon Had to drive the jeep.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys. I got a fuel leak back of engine dripping off the cross over pipe starter area by the time it gets there.

Also return line feeds what tank?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Return goes to which ever tank you are drawing from if your selector valve is working.

Fuel there is probably draining from the block drain and valley pan. Check your return lines and the ip for leaks.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IP and returns all new, no visible leaks on top. I've had this leak since we started working on it. And IP was bad no fuel to injectors but returns were all leaking. So same leak before and after!! Has to be the return line from near #8 back to tank.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok found #8 return leaking. I think I had to long of a house from the return t on the engine and the cap. Shortened and put an oring on top to help it not tweak. Also debured it just in case. I think the line between it and return t had it very tweaked. Not I let it sit and see how much leaks.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK update again!!

Been driving it here and there and again this am AIR..GRRRR so all washed and now i wait to see and traces of leaks on the return lines.. But if the filter is filling with air this should be on the tank side correct?? Maybe filter housing leaking is what i think! takes a few days to get enough air..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you haven't done so yet, check/change the fuel line olives and check the fuel heater o-ring.

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the fuel heater o-ring. I posted on here several times chasing air and finally just put a 1/4 inch npt plug in mine and no problems since.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always a good idea to delete that fuel heater on the 7.3 style filter head. Pipe plug works well but you can also install a freeze plug. Just a matter of finding the right size.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuel heater removed. Tapped for 1/2" npt.
You must be registered for see images attach

Just pull the thing and run the tap trough the hole. More pics recently in my build thread.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As always you guys are awesome. I'll get on this first thing in the am. I may have a plug already and all. Let ya know.

Last edited:

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well I removed and plugged. Let it dry 4-5 hrs. Started right up. I also pulled all my lines and put an oring in between all the caps and line nuts. Brand new from Napa, just seemed to loose. So while I had down time I put them and my new throttle cable. I went through all the filter housing and resealed it all. Time will tell!!!