94 F250 7.3 Sitting for 15 years

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened again today!!! I now have clear lines from return to IP the electric pump to the filter and the overflow off filter to #1. But I did replace a line that was a 3/8 and needed to be 1/4 possible not sealed. Before I clear lined it. So try this one now.

Also my vacuum pump has what looks like mudd coming out of it?? Any ideas???

Last edited:

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened again today!!! I now have clear lines from return to IP the electric pump to the filter and the overflow off filter to #1. But I did replace a line that was a 3/8 and needed to be 1/4 possible not sealed. Before I clear lined it. So try this one now.

Also my vacuum pump has what looks like mudd coming out of it?? Any ideas???

Your vacuum pump is probably shot if stuff is coming out of the vent on the end of the "bowl" looking canister. The diaphragm is probably ripped, letting oil past it. If that's the case, replace ASAP, or else you will soon loose your brakes and that's no fun.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would of been very surprising if the diaphragm didn't go bad after sitting so long,so as to be expected.same will be the case with a whole lot of things once you start driving it.wheel cylinders will all start leaking next.:D
have a good working e-brake so you can help slow 'er down lol.your in for such a ruff ride.its gunna be one thing after another.vehicles hate sitting for years.you'll either keep chasing the repairs or drive it off a cliff.LOL

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well that's a bonus.well just remember; no payments! it'll get ya through.;Sweet

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I have payments still. On the Titan and the jeep. This will replace the Titan when I got her road worthy enough to make journeys with her.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK update again!!

Been driving it here and there and again this am AIR..GRRRR so all washed and now i wait to see and traces of leaks on the return lines.. But if the filter is filling with air this should be on the tank side correct?? Maybe filter housing leaking is what i think! takes a few days to get enough air..

Could be the metal line leaving the fuel sender. That's where I found my parts trucks air intrusion. Previous owner had replaced literally everything too. I just quick steeled it and it's been fine since. I located it with an electric pump. First got it running off an electric pump can of diesel it was drawing from, no air at all, then connected directly to fuel take at top of sender, still found air getting in and narrowed it down to metal line leaving sender. I could hear it sucking the tiniest bit with pump on, engine off, maybe once every 30 seconds

Attachments

• 20160423_203514.jpg
    20160423_203514.jpg
    974.9 KB · Views: 60

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far no air from pump to filter. And nothing at return to IP. I do believe it was sucking from the 3/8 fuel hose I had from pump to filter. I crammed a 1/4 on there and all seems ok for now.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Could be the metal line leaving the fuel sender. That's where I found my parts trucks air intrusion. Previous owner had replaced literally everything too. I just quick steeled it and it's been fine since. I located it with an electric pump. First got it running off an electric pump can of diesel it was drawing from, no air at all, then connected directly to fuel take at top of sender, still found air getting in and narrowed it down to metal line leaving sender. I could hear it sucking the tiniest bit with pump on, engine off, maybe once every 30 seconds

One of these lines to the sender top is 5/16 and the other is 3/8. The smaller size is the return and the larger size is the suction supply to the filter.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's been over a week and no air issue. Finally towed and man lack of power surprised me big time. My 26 foot 7000lb toy hauler made it struggle up a short grade and watched the fuel gauge go down.

What can I do for better mileage and more throttle. Ha. I found myself trying to get more out of the peddle with a empty trailer this am. Topped out bout 65 on maybe a 3% grade for 4 miles.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's been over a week and no air issue. Finally towed and man lack of power surprised me big time. My 26 foot 7000lb toy hauler made it struggle up a short grade and watched the fuel gauge go down.

What can I do for better mileage and more throttle. Ha. I found myself trying to get more out of the peddle with a empty trailer this am. Topped out bout 65 on maybe a 3% grade for 4 miles.

Welcome to the reality of the Idi world.

You can squeeze a few HP out of a NA. You can add a couple more with a turbo. At the end of the day, you just have to accept the fact that you own a slow, reliable, maintenance loving truck.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. I do have a factory turbo. That's all I needed to know I spose. Was my first time towing the hauler with it.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to put a pyro on it and bump the fuel up a bit. Turn the fuel up until you can pull a load and not get over 1250egt at full tilt. I'd also check the timing on it as well.

In stock form, it shouldn't struggle that much pulling 7k... Yes you'll feel it but it shouldn't be a complete dog.