94 F250 7.3 Sitting for 15 years

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh you got a turbo. Well I can truly say I missed that part in the thread or forgot it.

Now a pyro to make sure you don't melt Pistons or crack heads is recommended.

Don't forget that a turbo model is still only 190 hp, new, at the flywheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. I do have a factory turbo. That's all I needed to know I spose. Was my first time towing the hauler with it.

now that you got it running,it's time to start modifying.:sly first course of action: rip out that crushed down pipe and replace it with an uncrushed one.that will let the ponies out.
secondly; EGT gauge and see how it's running.if too high in EGT's then it's third step: intercooler.
then if that isn't enough for ya,then it's time to go to moosepump.com and get yourself a bull.;Really

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
When you do the down pipe put the 3 in outlet on the turbo. What gears do you hae in the rear. 4.10 vs 3.55 will make it feel like you got 50 more hp. You have to suffer with lower mpg when unloaded but for towing gearing is your best friend. Also it is easier on transmisions clutches drivelines back up loaded trailers etc.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been away a bit, parents in town now I work till Tuesday. I'll mess with her a bit more then. The wife won't let it sit long enough for me to tinker!!!

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I hack the exhaust off at the muffler for now and be ok. Will it do anything at all?? Thanx in advance. AC all done today, but looks like I better order the Viton orings. Another fuel leak from return lines. Anything else I can DIY today?? See ya thanx

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I hack the exhaust off at the muffler for now and be ok. Will it do anything at all?? Thanx in advance. AC all done today, but looks like I better order the Viton orings. Another fuel leak from return lines. Anything else I can DIY today?? See ya thanx

you could do that and yes it will do something; make your truck much louder.:D
thats not the restriction.here is the difference between downpipes;

fyi; banks sells a downpipe specifically for the factory ats 093 turbo.

www.ebay.com/itm/Banks-downpipe-for-Ford-IH-6-9L-7-3L-with-factory-style-turbo-/282043145382

Attachments

• sizeimage.php.jpg
    sizeimage.php.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 35

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be selling my down pipe in the next few weeks when my upgraded turbo gets here. It's the banks one, I got it in November last year and I have a 3 inch pipe welded to it to connect to a diamond eye power stroke exhaust system. Which hangs in the factory location even on the idis. $50 shipped for whoever wants it.

The previous owner of my truck hacked exhaust under cab, it actually melted the shifter boot and had exhaust all around carpet. Not a super great idea.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The previous owner of my truck hacked exhaust under cab, it actually melted the shifter boot and had exhaust all around carpet. Not a super great idea.
Not to mention it's a great way to get deadly carbon monoxide into the cab. They route exhaust to the outside or rear of every vehicle for a reason, and it has nothing to do with sound or cosmetics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online