94 F250 7.3 Sitting for 15 years

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You're getting fuel if it's sputtering.
Now may not be enough, but at least it's a start.

Depending what you paid for it, you really don't have much to lose. If it were mine I'd unhook the gp's, then spray and pray.
But don't do that. For me I have access to cheap engines/trucks.
Maybe check fuel pressure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems to be spinning just fine, I took a line off and i dont get ANYTHING coming out!! filter is full and with key on i get a nice stream out the schrader! Batts are on charger again as we did drain e pretty well, Both started are almost 13.. I just dont seem to be getting anything to the injectors at all.. IDEAS?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You may not actually see any fuel dripping from an injector line. These engines burn very little fuel. So hold the throttle wide open and crank but don't crank longer than 15 seconds. The starter must rest to dissipate the built up cranking heat or it will fail.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
BEFORE YOU USE EITHER AND YOU SHOULD NOT USE IT AT ALL, DISCONNECT BATTERY WIRES TO GLOW PLUGS AT THE STARTER SOLENOID .
Are you getting fuel and or air at the shrader valve ontop of the fuel filter?

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok just d with it a little after batts charged. I bleed air out of filter, cranked for 15 second bursts 3 times. I got air in filter again. So return lines? I notice they all swivel fairly easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
No. Air at filter means your not getting fuel to filter. How are you supplying fuel? You said something about a can and an electric pump. Don't move the return lines. Once you move them they usually leak.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i crack the injectors only fuel i see dribble is under the return lines.. nothing above..

I have a electric pump plumbed into a full can of fresh fuel!

all i can think is im sucking air from the return back into the filter, Does this sound right? I know im getting fuel from the can i can watch it shrink LOL..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not possible to suck air from the return lines. What gets into the returns can ONLY flow back to the tanks. You are sucking air from the supply line somewhere.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to the Advance button when posting photos. Works every time.

Dave

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm lost. I'll have to find someone to come look. All new electric pump and new fuel filter no leaks I can see anywhere. And I'm run into a 5 gallon can of fresh fuel. I don't see a way to get air. Unless it's coming from the return line. Either suckin it in or whatever. They seem loose on the injectors. I'm bout to sayit and sell it. It was free

*mod note: Watch the profanity please. It's not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Todd take a chill pill getting frustrated isn't helping anything.
Now finding air intrusion is a bear but you haven't seen anything yet try finding a wiring issue.
Oh and keep the F-Bombs to a minimum. ;Sweet

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. I'm now drinking vodka!!!! Sorry Ima trash mouth!!! Ya I gave up for now. I do t know enough. I'll try and get a mechanic from work to come help. My bipolar has kicked in 100% and now he showed up and were digging into the 6.0. I hate diesels.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if i crack the injectors only fuel i see dribble is under the return lines.. nothing above..

Gravity makes the fuel run down, the fuel won't come out the top of the loosened nut.

Second time.

With all the hard lines loosened at the injectors, then cranking. AS SOON AS YOU SEE ANY FUEL AT ANY INJECTOR YOU HAVE TO TIGHTEN THE LINE NUT AT THAT INJECTOR OR ANY THAT SHOW FUEL. The damn thing won't run with the lines loosened.

You don't get a half gallon fuel out of any injector line. You only get a DRIBBLE of fuel, just enough to make it look wet. Your only cranking at 100 to 125 RPM, idle speed is 6 times that. Idle speed is 650 to 700 RPM.