94 F250 7.3 Sitting for 15 years

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ty all, I shall tackle all that tomorrow. Just realized 10 hrs straight no food. But I'm happy it's a truck just gotta get it to fire. Callin town right now for GP's and we shall see.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Orielys has motorcraft $11 a piece yay. Any tricks to the 2 under the turbo? Really don't wanna tank the turbo.

Also I stressed on 15 year old fuel in lines still. How can I clean all the lines? Please don't say 1 at a time haha

Last edited:

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1994 7.3 Fuel or GP's

I figured I'd start a new thread today, My mine is on overload so i needed to reset and start over!!

heres where I'm at now,

Trucks together, one cracked fuel line from number 1 fixed, no rubber isolators.. Ive read it really needs me so ill get them ordered.. Other side has em!!

I still have the 15 yr old fuel to deal with, one tank 3/4 and other is full, not gunna be fun to drain.. So tomorrow A mechanic from the mine is gunna come help me out, try and bypass the fuel tank and run a hose to fresh fuel for now. Any advice on this??

The glow plugs ohm out ok, should i still replace? The relay clicks for a bit then stops, Normal right?

It turns over great, took the batts out of the broke down 6.0 for now.... Just no fire, i assume cause the 15 yr old fuel HA..

My in laws show up tomorrow afternoon and i just got the truck home at 9 pm last night, I would love to have it run by the time they show up... Should i give it a squirt of Ether? just to see if it'll fire ( disco the GP's right?) My mother in law will kill him if i have it running in less then 2 days.. As he couldnt fix and parked it so long ago!!!

As usual thanx and i tried to fix my sig, If it dont work i guess i try again!!Todd

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your a little too worried about the fuel honestly. Old diesel will still run just fine as long as it doesn't have algae in it. If you get black slime/ chunks then I'd drain the tanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As already posted about old diesel. Its nothing like old gas. Diesel wont dry up and create varnish like gas will. Just run it but check for crud alge before running the old diesel.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Running off a gallon of fuel in a spare can will work fine. Just remove the rubber fuel fine at the mechanical lift pump found under the front passenger side of the engine up front. May need a longer rubber suction line so buy some 3/8 fuel line to reach into the can of fuel. No need to drain the old fuel because it will be fine. Many homes run heating oil that really old too and all that stuff is nothing but diesel with some color added.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you didn't take my advice to work on the engine before putting the front end together. 1st post.
Changing the glow plugs now sure makes it more difficult if any are swollen and the end breaks off.

If anyone of them won't back out with ease, don't force it, usually the tip is swollen then. Just keep working in and out and fill the void around the threads with PB Blaster, WD40 evaporates too quickly, let it set like that while you work on another one. A 1/4" drive and deep six point socket (10mm or 1/4") to get between the injector hard lines, might have to remove the line and lightly spring it out of the way. #7 & #8 under the turbo is the most difficult to get at.

To prime the fuel system to the injectors, loosen all the lines AT the injectors, crank until you see fuel, then tighten them, if it starts, then tighten all of them up.

You should change the fuel filter, if it shows any black goop, then it could be algea in the tank(s). Then you would have to drain and clean them.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. You might be right, I'm going to try and bypass the tanks for now to get it fired. Heading to town for GP's possibly and maybe a electric fuel pump for the f of it.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok update

Still no start!! Electric fuel pump, I don't seem to be getting fuel to the injectors at all. Did a quick shot of ether and got it to knock and try. But nothing at all to the injectors...shut off has been check and it clicking. Pulled top off grounded and watched it click. So it's not the shut off. So now whaT? IP??

Thanx

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How fast does it spin on the starter? These things need plenty of cranking speed. If you are sure your batteries are up to *****, then could be the starter itself, or the battery cables, or any connection between the starter and batteries, is weak.

You won't see a lot of fuel coming out a loosened injector line.