6.5 K2500

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that would have been the front wheel drive model with the aluminum heads. There's a guy that has all sorts of info on Olds diesels...similar site to this one...not quite as well done. I was maybe looking to restore a late 70s 350 diesel...I don't know why. My grandad had a car like that...made me think diesels were cool, cause I enjoyed riding with him and it was so different from anything else anybody in the family happened to be driving. I know they eat head gaskets but we can fix that....CAT bolts or ARP studs. Sorry yours had to get junked...I would imagine those aluminum heads are very, very dear.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Yeah that would have been the front wheel drive model with the aluminum heads. There's a guy that has all sorts of info on Olds diesels...similar site to this one...not quite as well done. I was maybe looking to restore a late 70s 350 diesel...I don't know why. My grandad had a car like that...made me think diesels were cool, cause I enjoyed riding with him and it was so different from anything else anybody in the family happened to be driving. I know they eat head gaskets but we can fix that....CAT bolts or ARP studs. Sorry yours had to get junked...I would imagine those aluminum heads are very, very dear.

At the time bare head castings were running better than $1500 each, plus the price of the head buildup and install. and that was 16 years ago money :eek: The car just wasn't worth it. I don't even think there are any parts still available for one of those things.

---Robert

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 6.5 forum could use the traffic. I'll leave a redirect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online