6.5 fass on an idi?

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used the search bar and it doesn’t appear to have been covered here so here we go

Curious is this is a viable option/ has anybody used this for an idi given that the early 6.5 also used the db2
psi is there
No idea If this comes with fuel lines etc but if it does it doesn’t seem like a bad buy
seems easier than making my own set up

Attachments

• IMG_2542.png
    IMG_2542.png
    646.1 KB · Views: 46

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no that price is reasonable. Even without fuel lines it should be a good buy as long as the pressure is right.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
True. I see no reason why it wouldn't work. My biggest concern is what brand of pump is that and what kind of quality is it? Of course, they'll tell you that it's of the highest quality, but doesn't Facet say something similar about theirs too?

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
True. I see no reason why it wouldn't work. My biggest concern is what brand of pump is that and what kind of quality is it? Of course, they'll tell you that it's of the highest quality, but doesn't Facet say something similar about theirs too?
Fass pumps are pretty well known in the Cummins/Duramax/Powerstroke community. They are kinda high end, their main competitor is AirDog.

I have never heard of a Fass pump failing. I know tona of people who have them. Biggest issue is that they gel up pretty easily…

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would buy one, if I needed that much fuel flow. But I don’t. Holley Red is plenty of pump for my truck.

90cc and larger injection pump, I’d go with a Fass in a heartbeat.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used the search bar and it doesn’t appear to have been covered here so here we go

Curious is this is a viable option/ has anybody used this for an idi given that the early 6.5 also used the db2
psi is there
No idea If this comes with fuel lines etc but if it does it doesn’t seem like a bad buy
seems easier than making my own set up
It's certainly easier but does not come with lines. Heck of a pump and FASS is a good brand for sure. I'm curious how they get 100gph out of that thing when the filters are rated at 25gph. But whatevs, seems to be legit. We need 30+gph at WOT on a stock pump maxed out. So it's definitely up to the task of a hotter pump later down the road.

Is someone making 500-600 HP on a DB2 6.5?

edit: You could make your own setup with a Holley Red and filters, etc, for about 1/3 the price of that FASS. Of course if you have the money, do what you want! :)

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's certainly easier but does not come with lines. Heck of a pump and FASS is a good brand for sure. I'm curious how they get 100gph out of that thing when the filters are rated at 25gph. But whatevs, seems to be legit. We need 30+gph at WOT on a stock pump maxed out. So it's definitely up to the task of a hotter pump later down the road.

Is someone making 500-600 HP on a DB2 6.5?

edit: You could make your own setup with a Holley Red and filters, etc, for about 1/3 the price of that FASS. Of course if you have the money, do what you want! :)
I haven’t done the full cost break down but I made my own system on a peice of paper, Holley red 2 filter housing all the fitting etc comes out cheaper yes but I was hoping that if the fass came with the lines I though a couple extra bucks for simplicity but since it does not it will not be worth it in my book

If you want to see it you can find it under my account here as a separate thread

I’ve got a 90cc and an ats 085 so definitely still mild but still more demanding than stock
Thread 'Fuel system'
https://www.oilburners.net/threads/fuel-system.92856/

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running a Holley Red now, run used EBay Holley Blue & Red on my '90 & my '92, & never run a regulator either.
Even though these engines are self regulating I’m not the biggest fan of that much fuel going the 3/16 or 1/4” return lines on the engine side

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though these engines are self regulating I’m not the biggest fan of that much fuel going the 3/16 or 1/4” return lines on the engine side
The DB2 is not self-regulating, if you feed it too much PSI it is forced to accept it and that changes the timing. Just FYI. I've actually heard of quite a few people running Holley Red unregulated and liking it. Seems like it's not too much for the return system but I see what you're saying.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm curious how they get 100gph out of that thing when the filters are rated at 25gph
My guess is that the pump is rated for that, but not the whole set up.
We need 30+gph at WOT on a stock pump maxed out. So it's definitely up to the task of a hotter pump later down the road.
This, plus the above, is why I tend to shy away from things like this. It sounds good, but just doesn't live up to the hype.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86