6.5 fass on an idi?

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DB2 is not self-regulating, if you feed it too much PSI it is forced to accept it and that changes the timing. Just FYI. I've actually heard of quite a few people running Holley Red unregulated and liking it. Seems like it's not too much for the return system but I see what you're saying.
Not the db2 but the filter head seems to do something but has its limits is what I’ve heard

scorpiorias

Reaction score
Used the search bar and it doesn’t appear to have been covered here so here we go

Curious is this is a viable option/ has anybody used this for an idi given that the early 6.5 also used the db2
psi is there
No idea If this comes with fuel lines etc but if it does it doesn’t seem like a bad buy
seems easier than making my own set up
If you are gonna bite, don't buy if for the wrong reasons. Take it from a guy who bought one of these. I had air dog - I believe the owner of air dog is the father or former employer of the fass owner. I had this in a car hauler Peterbilt with a 620hp C-15 cat engine. These suppose to remove air from fuel but then I realized air was not a problem to begin with. If you don't have a hole in your lines, or running on empty tank, there's little to no air to remove. I mounted mine less than 3 feet from the mechanical pump. While the gains were mostly marginal on flat terrain, It pulled a little harder on grades, given the extra fuel it was getting. At 80k Lbs on long grades in the rockies, those injector cups were filling up to the brim between strokes and the compound turbos had enough to keep spooling a bit more than they would have without the air dog. And I am passing other trucks on a grade fully loaded. I found it interesting that the whole setup from the manufacturer mainly focused on unrestricted fuel delivery. I had to bore over my filter head and larger fuel lines and fittings used. I could have had the same effect with a decent lift pump and a stiffer spring on the mechanical pump, or/ and connect the fuel lines to the bottom of the tank. Like I said, the mod is likely a thrown away money in an idi if for the advertised reasons. Facet pump is a better option.

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
The cost is more than would it would cost to build your own system, but less than it would cost to but a CDD or R&D system, but they are more completed. The R&D comes with all the wiring needed, but its a high pressure system, and if you're running 2 tanks, you will run into a problem routing your returns.
I personally think this is a good cost efficient option to adding a E-Pump. Still, you could build your own for around $200 less.