1969 F-250 7.3l IDI swap

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it takes some time to work all of the air out of the system, and it can take a hard run to completely clear it up.

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the rest of the clutch pedal and hydraulics installed tonight and it works good
You must be registered for see images attach

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here is a question for someone more knowledgeable than me. I want the factory speedometer to work as it should and I have to use a cable from a 69 to attach to the speedometer, will the speedo gear for a zf5 attach to the cable?

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be a combination of gear and cable that will work. I say this because I swapped a t-19 in my 69 ranger and a zf in my 86 f-350 that had originally a t-19 everything went together fine both times.
With both swaps I did have to change out the drive gear at the transmission a couple times to make the speedo read accurately, but everything else matched up.

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Modified the top of the tank lastnight for the return line luckily I did and didn't go off the po word. He said the gas gauge worked yeah right the sender might work but there is no float. And the gas was real varnished but I knew that but it was so bad it was green when I poured it on the weeds

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will make sure there are plenty of pics. It's a lot easier to visually see what I am talking about than to read it and I want people that want to do this to know what issues they will run into, and to show what works since there is no need to reinvent the wheel. There is no need for anybody to waste their time doing trial and error if some one has already done it and can help.

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to relocate the fuel filter assembly and get a shorter belt for the alternator for the hood to close but haven't gotten that far yet. Working on the fun wiring.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online