Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frame has been ordered.
my poor bank account :(

this thing better be minty clean.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh wow didnt realize i had no pics of my snail friend!
You must be registered for see images attach
[/URL]

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i am reading that one can take the driver side manifold and put it on the passenger side, flipped so the outlet is pointing up. I know ther eis nothing that can be done for the driver side.

Wondering if i should do this, run the crossover pipe from driver side, under the engine to the passenger side, and then have them both merge into a collector? Huge difference in piping length though...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't be much worse than the hypermax plumbing. If you look at the Moose Boost thread, the first post shows the turbo on a hypermax kit. Look how long the up pipes are. The banks kit crosses over from one side to the other where the cast up-pipe bolts to the manifold and up over the engine. It seems to me its considerably shorter and probably a better design.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strated painting my rear end, radius arms and leaf springs today. that cat paint is GLOSSY. im doin it by brush because i dont have a suitable place to use a gun. Going to do at least 3 coats to get nice full thick coverage. the springs are a pain to paint lol

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tracked the springs I am going to run in the rear
they are 99-04 f350 dually spprings, seem to have the highest height and heaviest weight rating without going custom.
Having my yard hunt for them.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
woo, over 2000 views!
Those springs I mentioned are called code C. i can get em for 115 new a piece from ATS but then its 77 for shipping. goin to see if michigan ruck spring can match that price and ill just pick em up (30 mins away). DOnt feel like waiting for used ones which are 75 and would probably need new bushings anyway and painting.

scored this today for 30 bucks. going to put an electric winch on it instead of hand crank. 60 bucks for the 2200 atv winch from harbor after 25% coupon. Trying to buy a used one for 40 tho (for a boat, its nice because its fully covered instead of the atv winch)

painted the rear end and front springs and radius arms.

who knows how much money i have spent so far but fk it, gotta finish it before the snow hits.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in my fuel tank thread someoneme mentioned the E super duty vans have a 55 gallon tank-would ya look at that my local uard where im picking the frame up from has a 55er in stock, 50 bucks-wwop! Saves me a half hour trip to the further yard, and i get 10 more gallons!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the big tank. Greg, question if I may? Are the frame rails the same width on the new frame as the old frame? I think the SD's were boxed right? I'm looking at goose neck hitches and the "confirmed" choices for my 91 are pretty minimal. This would also mean that the big fuel tank would have a chance of going in the older frames too if they are similar in width.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will let you know when the frame come sin, either today or tomorrow I hope.
Also i think im going with the econoline 55 gallon tank, mainly cuz its bigger, and i like its almost perfectly square boxy dimensions. Might have to cut out the rear x brace and work my own around the tank. Werll see, so tough to imagine this withough ever having seeing it in reallife.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, my yard got me a pair of 02 dually leafs with aux springs for 50$ a pop. going to grab it all when i get the frame and tank. Frame arrived in oklahoma this AM, so bout naother 2 days for it to be at my house. Should have a rolling chassis by end of next week.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picking up a set of cable twin stick shifters from JB Fab soon, as well as his auxilary throttle controller, idle up with the twist of a knob, reset it just by pushing the center of it, i like that!

for 221 for the cable shift assembly i think its a great deal, dont need to deal with linkage geometry or anything, can mount the shifters anywhere you want.

You must be registered for see images

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TITLE of this thread is now

Unrealistic budget of 2wd to 4wd conversion....

Nice setup, you know....what you really really really need is a divorced mount Ford NP 203, attached to a married 205 for a doubler setup...hint hint nudge nudge wink wink!!!! ;Poke

Just saying that would be sweet with TRIPLE stick shifters then eh?:sly

JM2CW

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hah well said.
and yeah id like 3 sticks, just for the sake of having 3 sticks, but **** it, no need for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86