You can hate me if you want. I wouldn't blame you!!

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I don't know if I would use the axles.6.72 gear ratio and not changable.55-60MPH with 40" tall tires.Just imagine what it would get with some more normal size tires and wheel under it at redline......40-45MPH max.I would use some either semi axles with good gearing or a set of 1 ton dually axles with singles.Sure the deuce axles are strong but Damn they are HUGE,Freaking Heavy,and have some massive gears.Not to mention top loader type axles so the truck would have to be a mile in the air.Oh,drums all around unless you want to spend some massive money on disk brake conversions and do a lot of fab work.I don't know what all these off roaders really want with rockwells.They are so freaking heavy it ain't even funny.You can build a dana that will hold together just as good without the extra tonage.

Semi axles, maybe. This thing would break a 1 ton with any kind of weight on the 5th wheel. I was thinking about rockwells, just because it'd be cool to have it 4x4, and I couldn't think of any other source for a cheap medium duty front axle.

pauls painting

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet :thumbsup: camaro what do you want for the aluminum flat bed? i have been looking for a flat bed for 94 how long is bed? thanks

Camarogenius

Reaction score
As I said earlier in the post, I'm probably gonna let him keep the aluminum one, and take a very nice steel one that he has sitting on the ground. Once I decide what I want to do with the whole bed thing, I'll PM you the location of the aluminum flat bed, or if you're too far away, I'll find out what he wants for it, and we can go from there.

pauls painting

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: thanks i really need to get one for the work truck. i work from alton to columbia mo. i live in vandalia off 70

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
There are a lot of big rig type trucks that had front wheel drive.Dump trucks,Cement trucks,Some tractor trailers.Just gotta keep an eye out.Might want to look for a set of axle out of a newer style Military vehicle.Some of the new ones may have better gears.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Well, the truck is in my driveway.
You must be registered for see images attach

Turns out the aluminum and steel bed was promised to another employee, so it came off, however, he's gonna make me a deal on this bed, plus 6 new wheels & tires, although it's already got 6 good tires, and five good rims on it.(One is a split rim, and is therefore illegal on a commercial vehicle)

Here's some pics of the stainless truck. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics, but wifey has the digicam on vacation with her. These pics make the truck look beat to hell, but it's actually very strait. I'll get better pics of it when wifey gets back.