XM Radio

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I wish i would have bought it now....... Anyone done a clean install of an aftermarket system... Got pictures and how easy it was to install.......:yell: :thanks:

Max Power

Reaction score
It was real easy to install. Here are some pictures but there is really nothing to see. Once everything is back in place all you can see is the antenna. Everything else is hidden. Control is done through the factory stereo.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Max Power

Reaction score
I picked up the Pioneer Tuner and Terk antenna for $51 for both. Then The Soundgat adapter is about $100 for logjam. You can pick up a brand new tuner for around $100 and the antennas are around 50 or so new.

CHarlan

Reaction score
I promise you will be very happy with your XM!! I have 2 now; one for permanent use in the Dodge, and the SKYFi receiver, with car kit, and boombox, so I can take it basically anywhere. Just a hint, if you sign up online, its cheaper for your activation, but it didnt work for me, so I had to call them, and they gave me the internet price. Good Luck!

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I took apart my console and there is not room in there like in max powers... The Bose amp and sub take up all the room........ Sucks cause that looked like a nice place..... I looked at some of the portables and they might be a better option....

Max Power

Reaction score
You have to have the same room there as me. I have every option. Including the bose amp and sub. I think you better look closer. You only need an inch room to put the tuner there.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max, I looked qagain... and a 3/4 inch book will not fit in and let the cup holder lock in... Must be something put in there a little wrong.. Im gonna tear into it more this weekend...