WMO - Comparing Driving on a single tank 50/50 vs dual tanks with W90.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

So put together a couple videos highlighting the differences.. pros and cons of both single and dual tank setups for WMO.

I run a single tank currently in my 300SD running 50/50 W90 to diesel... And dual tanks in my IDI.. straight W90 in the auxiliary tank.

Both work... but I prefer dual tanks for sure.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean by W90? And have you advanced your timing at all on your truck? I live in North West Florida and I've been doing the WMO thing for just over a year. I run almost 90% oil and actually crank my truck on ether since I run it so heavy. Mine smokes more than I care for and I've had several people on Here recommend advanced timing.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean by W90? And have you advanced your timing at all on your truck? I live in North West Florida and I've been doing the WMO thing for just over a year. I run almost 90% oil and actually crank my truck on ether since I run it so heavy. Mine smokes more than I care for and I've had several people on Here recommend advanced timing.

Advancing the timing can help. Oil burns slower so a bit more time to burn completely does help.

W90 = 90% oil / 10% gasoline.

Id say some of your smoke is from shutting down on oil. The liquid on the injector tips bakes on giving a poor spray pattern after a while. Typically, if you switch back to diesel and drive it for a week, it'll clean back up. Dual tanks really prolongs that issue however it still does happen. My crew cab is currently hazing pretty good at idle but it hasn't ran much on diesel here lately... has likely burned close to 200 gallons of oil since it has ran on straight diesel for any length of time. Typically just start up and shut down.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I started this I worked about 30miles from the house and I did start up and shut down on diesel, but now I'm only about 12 miles from work. Would you call that "short trip"? And I really dig your valves that's a soon coming upgrade on my truck. And I'd have to take out a loan to run on diesel for a week!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Staff online

Members online