Will my wife ever like my truck?

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
So, the question... How do you get your wife to wanna ride in the truck with you? Is it even possible??

Good advice here: I learned that if you buy your wife a diesel truck much nicer than yours you will both win ;Sweet

Honey lets take the classic first gen?! No dear my 01 is so much more comfortable and roomy... Okay wife you don't have to twist my arm :sly :love::love:

That worked great until she decided that she hated her own truck and sold it for a lame Honda CRV cookoo

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Good advice here: I learned that if you buy your wife a diesel truck much nicer than yours you will both win ;Sweet

Honey lets take the classic first gen?! No dear my 01 is so much more comfortable and roomy... Okay wife you don't have to twist my arm :sly :love::love:

That worked great until she decided that she hated her own truck and sold it for a lame Honda CRV cookoo

My wife is scared to drive anything larger than my explorer (even that took some convincing!)

She wants a classic bronco, I told her I would get her one and drop a IDI in there, but then she says the diesel smoke makes her feel sick!

MAN, I just can't win!!

I hold out hope, though!!!!

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She wants a classic bronco, I told her I would get her one and drop a IDI in there, but then she says the diesel smoke makes her feel sick!

HAHAHA oh yes that sucks

My old lady doesn't like the truck, but wants a Bronco, and she said I could put an IDI in it :)

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife loves my truck, says it's way better than the CTD I traded for it. Truck yes, motor, ehh not so much. But anyways, I have the biggest combo available in a truck, and she says it's perfect. Wants me to drive the truck all over instead of the car.

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife HATES my obsession with trucks. She will never ride in it (not by choice, anyway. Us having three vehicles, she never will.)

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
my ex gf hated my truck;Poke and when i told her i was lifting it she told me she would move out and leave me for good:eek: well the truck got a lift and i'm much happyer:D she only drove it one's at the lake in the parkin lotcookoo

the girl i'm goin for now want's to drive my truck all the time:sly:thumbsup: she wants to buy an idi and have me fix it up:sly

02AutoWag

Reaction score
When we needed to rent a 26 foot U-Haul with a manual transmission, guess who drove it. Hint, it wasn't me. My wife grew up driving tractors on a small farm (learned to drive in an old double clutch Dodge something-or-other), so she was more comfortable handling such a vehicle. No questions - diesel is her preference.

She likes the truck; no problems there. She just wishes there weren't two of them in our driveway.

zpd307

Reaction score
mine doesnt mind. she has driven it to haul horses and such. now that it is a manual, she wont drive it. can, but doesnt like shifting. i think she likes the no payments thing also.

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend is very fond of my truck- a 1989 7.3 DRW 4x4 with Reading tool body- former USAF crash truck and then a volunteer fire dept. truck; I'm the first civilian owner and it had only 12,500 miles on it when I bought it. Both she and the truck are keepers!

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I got rid of the wife a few years back. :sly

But the girlfriend likes my truck. She wont drive it for fear of hurting it (she says) :rotflmao

I told her that I have yet to hurt it, I doubt she could as I am allot harder on it than she ever could be.

imckee86

imckee86
Reaction score
My girl friend liked my truck when i first got it ans was willing to drive it any where. Ever since she got a brand new car she despises my truck and wont even ride in it now. I love it and aint got to worry about that payment every month!;Sweet

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
My g/f loves big trucks. Her biggest complaint about mine is it's not 4x4 and jacked up. Works for me though so I get to drive it and she rides in the Cavvy!

Don't worry, a good woman will come around eventually! :rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online