Wicked Wheel II

Lug Nut

Reaction score
Anyone install a wicked wheel II on the 7.3 IDI Ford Factory Turbo ? If so, would you be kind enough to share the install procedure ? Seems the only install procedure I have been able to find is for the 94 and newer 7.3 Powerstroke.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely you’ll have to take your turbo off. I doubt you have enough room to take the cold side cover off with it installed. The turbos are very similar. I’ve rebuilt my 088 and put a ww11 in my powerstroke. The biggest thing to remember is the nut for the wheel is left handed. If you google I’m sure you’ll find someone who has a write up with pictures.

Lug Nut

Reaction score
HS108, that link is great and very informative. After reading it, I guess the tips I would like the most is the easiest way to remove the turbo. Seems that may have been the most difficult part of the job, based on what I read in your link.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Np

Just make sure you get all the bolts is the best tip, I left one on the oil drain mount that attaches to the intake and struggled for an hour before I figured it out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lug Nut

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. You don't happen to remember how many total bolts you needed to remove in order for the turbo to come off do you ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online