What's the best tire/wheel setup??

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing my homework now for tires, wheels and the like. All thi pertains to my '02 CTD 2500.

I am planning on the D25 coils with extended arms and shocks. Also, it's looking like the Mickey Thompson Classic Locks in 17x9 will be the wheel. They have 5" of backspacing, so I am hopeful that'll work without rubbing. The tire size is either 33"or 35". I want an aggressive tread that lasts forever and has a "E" load range. I can hear you now, yeah right!

So what's the scoop? I think the '00 and newer trucks suffer from massive backspacing and I am trying to get to there from here. What combos are working for you? In my worst case, I keep my stocker aluminum wheels and fit them with some bigger shoes and still use the D25's.

Opinions welcome!!

Dave

Whit

Reaction score
Get ya some Rickson 19.5x 285's and put Toyo TY303's on there, you will be very happy with the 35" height and a load rating of 6400 lbs each

Here is my old wheel up aginst the new one

Attachments

• t-6.jpg
    t-6.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 86

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fishin2Deep4U
I want an aggressive tread that lasts forever and has a "E" load range. I can hear you now, yeah right!...So what's the scoop?...Opinions welcome!!
THAT'S AN OXYMORON...AGGRESSIVE TREADS THAT LAST FOREVER
L0L LOL L0L LOL

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of these day's when my BFG Mud Terrain K/O's wear out (I've already got 60K on them and their about 40%) I'll probably by 16X10 rims with either BFD All Terrains or Mud Terrains but in 315X75X16's... I already have the D25's installed. Nathan came over and gave me a hand... (Thanks again buddy!)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online