What New Vehicle Laws Become Active In Your State On July 1st ?

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking for info on an accident the stopped traffic on I80 Tuesday afternoon when I found a few new crap laws that go into effect now.
DMV changes effective Wednesday
o Assembly Bill 25: Implement $25 initial test fee and $10 retest fee for non-commercial license tests, Reduce new resident testing requirement from below age 25 to below age 21.
o Assembly Bill 407: Raises reinstatement fees for revoked or suspended licenses, DUI reinstatement fee from $65 to $120, reinstatement following other offenses from $40 to $75.
o Assembly Bill 414: Raises cutoff weight for diesel emissions inspections from 10,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) to 14,000 pounds.
o Assembly Bill 372: Commercial motor vehicles 10,001 pounds GVWR and higher that are not registered in Nevada must obtain a temporary trip permit before entering the state. Previously, vehicles could travel to the nearest available vendor and vehicles up to 26,000 pounds were exempt.
o Assembly Bill 482 and 561: Transfer auto repair garage complaints to DMV from Consumer Affairs Division.

Looks like they want mo' money! and that diesel smog law is a result of Kali's ban of older diesels
Now another problem I see is interpretation of laws. A person with a former commercial vehicle such as a rollback as their personal vehicle would probabably have to purchase a travel permit or face fines :( So in order to get a travel permit you would have to state what your plans are when traveling through Nevada. My other concern is that this could lead to states not honoring other states registration on vehicles traveling through different states.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about my vehicle laws, but locomotive hours of service change on July 15th. ;Sweet

LOL

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our state just got a new law that says *** OFFENDERS can't have a myspace account, it was on the local news the other night, and all I could think is how do they intend on enforcing that. I guess we will get to pay someone to sit and browse Myspace all day, looking for familiar faces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online