What is this???

Large Marge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I was installing the bypass switch and found this. It has been disconnected since I bought the truck. It is located behind the fuse access panel, on the right side of steering column. The grey plug goes into the black box. What is this for? Thanks

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the little box that goes "ding ding ding" when you have the door open and the key in the switch

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the little box that goes "ding ding ding" when you have the door open and the key in the switch

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

That's exactly what it is. It's a buzzer on most base/XL models if I remember correctly (it was on mine) and I hate them, so I found a chime version from an Eddie Bauer Bronco and switched it in.

Incidentally, if you want the buzzer (if yours doesn't work and you DO want one), it's yours for shipping. Most of them are disconnected because people hate them LOL

Powerstrokin350

Reaction score
I don't know why but after a bunch of rain here in the Sacramento area a few weeks ago, mine would shut up anytime I had the head lights on, so I unplugged it nicely and tucked the "ding ding dinger" under the seat. Mines a 1993XLT and it's the same.

Large Marge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I thought it would be something complicated and important lol. I'm not hooking that back up. I've found quite a few disconnections, but the way I see it if the truck runs without it then leave it alone. At least that applys most of the time! Thanks fellas

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online