What are you guys have for fuel pressure?

fatcat

Reaction score
On my old '97, I streched the spring on one of Pier's Overflow valves to help with very low fuel pressure and now I run about
38 to 46 lbs of pressure.

So what do you guy guage at?

My ol' truck puts out the black smoke pretty good, but it just seem to not be as powerfull as it was only 4 or 5 months ago (more than just winter diesel).

Wonder if my Southbend Con-O clutch is sliping just a bit.

infidel

Full of It
Reaction score
Your pressure is too high, Cummins recommends 22-28 psi but 18-35 will do. Suggest you get a new OF valve, for $25 it's hardly worth stretching an old spring.

Precision Diesel Injection and Turbo Inc.
Marty Tompkins
toll free 888-734-7349
$20 + $5 shipping and handling.

fatcat

Reaction score
I can get up to 38 lbs of boost, so the turbo is not a problem.

Now I have the gauge testing the fuel pressure at the bleader valve on top of the fuel filter.

Maybe I can compress the spring and to reduce the pressure ... but $25 for an overflow valve! Man thats cheap. I thing I'll order two.

(I do have a new lift pump that is only 6 months (10K miles) old, but I think the old one was fine, just replacing parts to solve the old low-presure problem).

I'll give Precision Diesel Injection and Turbo Inc a call.

dodgeman01

TOWN DRUNK
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to check mine. the OF valve is good and my timming is set to 19* but it still popps and cracks above 2800 rpms and it has a 4k gov kit. I'm changing the fuel filter and going to get a guage to test the fuel pressure. Can't complain the truck has been good and I hav only changed the fuel filter one time and I bought it in 96 :frustrate
DM01

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online