What a crock

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
Went on a road trip today. Gopt about 50 miles from home started hearing some strange noises just every once in a while so we kept going had about another 60 miles to go the noise started to get worse. We made it home but don't know how after jacking up the front end found the drives side wheel bearing was junk. So I thought no biggy I called NAPA to get some bearings to find out I had to get the whole assy. $358:mad:

I replaced it but am going to tear the old one apart to rebuild it for the other side. It is stamped right on the hub "WARNING DO NOT DISASSEMBLE"
Did anyone everrebuild one of these?

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks get you coming and going sometimes.... Sorry i cant help.. I will do some looking around...

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me except mine was the Drivers side.. I went to Advance auto parts got mine for like $170..after getting the $300+ from Napa..and I gget a price break at the Local NAPA store.

I also thought about breaking this thing apart and taking it to the local Bearring store and having it measures for replacements of the bearrings and seals??

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
well I got a chance to tear this thing apart and they are right you can't rebuild it. The bearing races are made in the cast part and they can't be changed. They do use Timken bearings but the cheap junk has plastic cages on the tapered roller bearings:mad:
They just don't make them like they used to

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online