Well,Crap.New Enterprise Problem

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I dropped by the shop today to pay the man another 500 on the engine install(ummm,the 800 bucks for pulling two install one turned into $1500!!!) and he said on his test drive today that the brakes are screwed up.Said when he was comming up to the cross over to his shop that the truck just kept going.Well,Spit!I didn't ask him if it had a hard pedal or just hit the floor.Any idea what to look for?Gonna check for vaccumn next week when I go by there.Hope they just forgot to hook the Vaccumn lines back up right.But sitting for a year didn't help any.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, Jared, that sucks. These trucks are a constant project it seems. I think the E and your 94 have hydroboost brakes rather than the old vaccum brakes like my 86 but I could be wrong. If its the fronts, I will say they are pretty easy to overhaul, especially if its just pads. The rears require some real expertise, being drums, but I think you have that skill level. Its a bit over my head just yet, but I will be learning soon. Well, at least you have a good motor in the E, hope it serves you well for a long time,
J.D.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Eh.. brakes should be easy. I'm voting the vacuum lines didn't get put back right or the pump is out... or... they knocked a brake line somewhere and it was just squirting out.

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
i had no problems doin my rear brakes.......get the chilton manual and it shouldnt be an issue...first time i did it, took me about an 2 hours eash side, replacing hardware, shoes, e-brake cables, and adjusting the lot.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
maybe she is just pissed at Dwight Cummings(thank God,I noticed it was spelled with a G.....) for bending her grill and dragging the old engine across the AC condensor.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
The E has vacuum brakes - she's only a 1 ton (F350) the Super Duties in that era had the hydro assist braking systems... I'm pretty sure that the year of sitting did the trick if everything else checked out - I know that the pads were getting low when I shipped her out but nothing that I would have been scared about dragging the trailer to California and back on. Now the rears... that was a different story... they had not been checked in while - a long while if I remember correctly but she stopped when you wanted her to... I think I shipped just about all the parts to do brakes on her if I remember correctly.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
yea,there is pretty much a part store in the rear seat.Maybe this guy is just used to his half ton Chevy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger