Welcome

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW:love: :Thumbs Up

thats a sharp looking truck, I like that blue but with some metalic in it!!

Sbrem

Reaction score
Yeah it looks great. I wish I could remember where I found the pic, but it was probably a year or so ago so I don't have a clue.

Stephen

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A/C unit on roof?
Do they still make them?

Sbrem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
A/C unit on roof?
Do they still make them?

I don't know if they still make those or not. Definently uncommon. I was also thinking the three of us should try to meet up sometime. We could meet somewhere in NY that is mid way, for us and probably closer for Don. Just something to keep in mind.

Stephen

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm basically between Wilmington & Philly.

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no they don't make U-models anymore, the last year for the U-model was 1990. my Dad had 4 U-models (3 single axles and a heavy tandem) he was in the paving business and like the u-model b/c of the short nose and really tight turning radius. the cabs are extremely small in them though, thats why I got a R-model, the cab is more comfortable and they have a longer wheelbase, the u-models would shake you to death! but most of my Dad's work was local in town/city so the ride didn't really make a difference, whereas I am on the highway a lot and like the smoother ride.

my R-model has AC but it's not on the roof, that may be aftermarket AC on that U, or maybe the U-models had the AC on the roof b/c there wasn't enough room under the short hood.

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yeah we should meet up sometime that would be great! we'd have a good time!

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats some body on that truck, it must be rough keeping it clean and polished!! it's also huge!!

Sbrem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
I'm basically between Wilmington & Philly.

I'm in the south east corner of Vermont. I took a quick look at the atlas and it seems like somewhere around Poughkeepsie NY, probably a little south of it would be about mid way for us. Just something to think about for sometime.

Stephen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online