weight distributing hitch

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it's not a WD hitch, just a replacement for the receiver that plugs into the hitch on the truck. As for the porpoise, it's only when the back wheels of the truck hit a big bump or dip and throw the front of the trailer up, then you feel it come back down. Seems normal enough to me. If it were doing it all the time I would be concerned.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Dan,

If it pulls without sway and since you have the dual wheels, you "don't need no stinking" WD hitch! I would seriously say spend your $300 on something that you do need instead! Or by a gooseneck next time.

BJS

Reaction score
I'm almost certan that your class IV receiver on the truck is not rated for what you're pulling with it w/o the weight distributing hitch. Most list 2 values one for W/D (weight distributing) and one for W/C (weight carrying) mine on my truck is 750/7.5k (tongue/gross) for w/c and 1000/10k w/d that being said I've come out of the quarry with a 14k grossing trailer with 1300 on the tongue and I've got the solid bar w/ ball rated for 10k, It pulls fine you're just working in the mfg's margin of safetyso while it will and has worked for many people the guy who it failed for might not be around to tell you that it failed for him.

ibsmurf

I be a Injunear....
Reaction score
The "Class IV" hitch on my truck is rated for 5K/500 weight carrying and 10K/1000 with weight distributing. I'm with BJS in thinking that you're overloading your hitch without using a weight distributing setup. The only hitch I know of off the top of my head that is rated to handle that trailer straight up is a Reese Titan Class V....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.