Water To Air Inter cooler

Black Horse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was given a new water to air inter cooler that I would like to try and use on my bronco. I have a non gated Banks turbo and Mel has just put my Moose pump in the mail to send back to me. The cooler has a air inlet and outlet just like other inter cooler but it also has a water inlet and outlet. I'm looking for ideas were I should be getting the water from. I was thinking of having a pipe soldered into the top and bottom tanks on my rad (old bronco tanks are top and bottom tanks) but I'm not sure if there would be the pressure there to make it flow?

Any ideas?

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Attach a small electric pump to a secondary rad then to the intercooler.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Usually a small import rad is all that is necessary. If You use a fan on it, it doesn't even need to be front mounted.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
As was said, use a separate water system...cooler air! I'm going to be running the same thing, just haven't said anything about it. I have a small electric water pump and a secondary radiator, should be able to cool the air very well. You can find everything on ebay...I would think even a A/C condensor would do quite well for the radiator.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started a couple of threads on this same subject a while back, as I am intrested also.
If you do some searching, you will find a member who did this exact setup on his truck but canned the project to swap in a Cummins before he had any results.

Black Horse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never thought of a second rad I was thinking the coolant would be cool enough after it went thru the main rad. The cooler I have is for the new 6.7 PSD it should be very efficient for my old low boost 6.9