Water temp gauge?

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
As my turbo install draws to completion (had to order a new CDR grommet), I picked up an aftermarket water temp gauge for a little more accuracy. Figure I should put it in while I'm wiring up the pyro and boost gauges anyway.

I had some recommendations from other folks that told me to go ahead and pull the temp light sender and replace it with my aftermarket one on the driver's side head. That wasn't a problem...except the never before seen check engine light has come on. cookoo

Now, I'm led to believe that it has come on since I swapped out the temp light. To get it to go off, should I just tee the thing in there and call it good? At the same time, I could just plug it back in and tee off the temp sending unit. Would that be possible or would it bring an adverse effect?

Any suggestions or advice are welcomed, thanks fellas.

-Dave

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That sender in the front of the drivers side head is the check engine lite. It grounds out the dash gauge and pegs it. They are set for 242 degrees. Put the sender back in the head and install the new gauge sender in the dash gage location. Its just to the drivers side of the injection pump. Thats the best location. Either head will be as much as 7 to 10 degrees hotter that the aforementioned location in my post.