Water seperator

pafixitman

Reaction score
Just got back from the rally. I noticed a diesel fuel smell about 5 miles from home. I have a wet rocker arm cover and I noticed the rubber hose was not connected to the drain on the bottom of the filter. Should the black plastic drain spin freely? Mine does. Why / how would this come loose? Just this morning I had 5 guys looking under the hood and all was ok. I tried to reattach it but kept burning my knuckles as the drain kept spinning.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
You don't need the hose connected I took mine off so when I drain the bowl I can drain it into a clear container so I can see what come out.

The way to see if your valve is leaking is press the valve on the sherrader (sp) valve if fuel come out the drain valve then its not sealing.

If you are having problems you have to take the filter off take the bowl part off and check the rubber parts that seal the drain bolt.

There is a knurled nut that you turn and the spout piece is free to spin I forget which direction to turn.

If your having problems with the 2 piece filter there are filters with the separator built in I forget the part number.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hey Turbo Joe

Sorry to hear that dude. I have the Napa Gold brand fuel/water separator on Goldie and the Napa number is #3617. Reduces the number of leak points. Hop it fixes yer problem. Don't want any fuel to get up on that turbo now would we? ;Sweet

Ron

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Joe, the plastic drain spins freely(at least mine does). I lost my rubber hose a long time ago. It is possible to have gotten a small piece of dirt stuck in the valve not letting it seal completly when you closed drain last time. Try opening the drain, let some fuel flow thru it then close it again. you may hav to remove the filter and clean the bowl by hand to get it to seal again. Let us know how you make out. Russ

pafixitman

Reaction score
Leak

Well I took Ron's advice and dropped a 3617 in her tonight. :hail Filled it w/ SeaFoam and topped it off w/ Power Service. I had Steph crank while I pressed the valve. Ran like a top w/ no leaks anywhere cookoo

The factory seperator looked clean but who knows?

Let it idle while I unhitched the trailer and then went down for $65 worth of fuel :puke: Diesel went up .06 while I was at work! -cuss No drips or smells. :thumbsup:

I do think I will replace the return lines before the ATS goes on. Mel and I were talking and I think I will go w/ a Holley Red also.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
;Sweet
Good to hear that fixed the problem Joe.
Ya ought to get a set of Ken's Stage 1 injectors for the ole gal too. :backoff
Might be a screamer after ya get the ATS on there. :Sly :D :D

Ron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.