water in fuel lines frozen

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i got some water in my tank somehow and the truck picked up the water in the lines... well its getting to the freezing temps and the truck no longer starts pulled the fuel filter and the fuel bowl was empty so its not pumping fuel any way to get it to pump fuel without taking a torch to the fuel lines?????

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well, you could use a heat gun. Lol
I can't remember if my neighbor said where his truck came from. Obviously far far north.
But someone wrapped the fuel lines with house plumbing heat wrap. Yes, the 110v type. Lol then proceeded to undercoat the whole truck with a good 4 inch thick layer of expanding foam.

Supposedly "heat" will work for the lines. But if it's not pumping, I don't see it working.

Oh another one. Do you have one of those kerosene or propane torpedo heaters? Tarp off the sides of the truck and set one underneath. (Done that one for a truck with bad glowplugs. Works faster than the block heater)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jasper your blow foam story cracks me up, bet its a joy to work on.
Another reason why previous owners should be banned from touching a wrench!

How many times have we ******* a fit about some screwball service done by the p.o.?!

Op +1 on the torpedo heater.

Any one ever use the heet product?
Its probably snake oil.....

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better get it thawed out today, gonna get colder than a well diggers a$$ tonight.

After thawing out, disconnect fuel line at filter, connect a hose to it and pump in a bucket or something to get any water out.

Surely don't use a flame torch, use a heat gun, cheap at harbor freight.

Don't ever fill up if you see a tanker unloading fuel at a service station, that stirs up the underground tank, you can get all kinds of Sh*t.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86