Wanted: In-Bed/Auxiliary/Transfer Tank

TestDriver

Reaction score
I've been looking on the local craigslists for a couple of weeks and have not found what I'm looking for.

Basically, I'm looking for a tank to put in the bed of my F350 in the range of $50 to $200. It will need to be at least 100 gallons but for the right deal, I'll consider 90 or so. I'm looking for one that is not too tall. Preferably, it should be less than 23 inches tall. Again, for the right deal, I'll consider taller than 23 inches.

The condition of the tank is not too important. Dents, leaks, and missing components are okay. I'm willing to travel in a 250mi radius from Brighton MI.

Thanks.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I've got a 74 gallon TransferFlow Wedge tank.
All aluminum treadplate.
its this one:
http://www.transferflow.com/wedge_tanks_0.html

It's an older model, but the same idea.... you can see the gooseneck hitch while backing up etc.

so, Its not the right size, I'm not in the right place...
but I figured I'd offer it anyway to you or anyone else. I used it for biodiesel when I was still making the stuff.

Drew

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one that is 2 tanks welded together, no Idea how much they hold, and one has a huge dent in the corner. Each tank is about 24" square, welded together it is 50" wide 24"x24" 2-2" bungs in the top of each and baffels inside. I figured I would cut the dented one off and scrap it and keep the other one as a transfer tank. But if your interested let me know...
Sorry for bad pics, its burried in the barn.LOL

Attachments

• S2010060.JPG
    S2010060.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 3
  • S2010061.JPG
    S2010061.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 4

TestDriver

Reaction score
I've got a 74 gallon TransferFlow Wedge tank.
All aluminum treadplate.
its this one:
http://www.transferflow.com/wedge_tanks_0.html

It's an older model, but the same idea.... you can see the gooseneck hitch while backing up etc.

so, Its not the right size, I'm not in the right place...
but I figured I'd offer it anyway to you or anyone else. I used it for biodiesel when I was still making the stuff.

Drew

Thanks for the offer. It sounds like a good setup. Hopefully, it'll come in handy for someone on this forum.

By the way, where would one go to pick this tank up? Your location is a bit broad.

TestDriver

Reaction score
I have one that is 2 tanks welded together, no Idea how much they hold, and one has a huge dent in the corner. Each tank is about 24" square, welded together it is 50" wide 24"x24" 2-2" bungs in the top of each and baffels inside. I figured I would cut the dented one off and scrap it and keep the other one as a transfer tank. But if your interested let me know...
Sorry for bad pics, its burried in the barn.LOL

Thanks for the offer. It's a bit tall but I'll keep it in mind. The volume is just over leg@l at almost 125 gallons but the baffling might take care of that. Or, at least that's a good defense.

I went to your ebay store and noticed the blue door covers. I don't need any but, do you have any other interior stuff? I need seats, front and rear for my crew cab. I would not mind replacing the headliner as well so that I could remove the overhead conversion console.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
125 gal? so each tank is in the 60 gallon range then, thats good to know.

Actually the door pannels I have are dark gray, I think all the interior parts I have at this time are the darker gray color. I have Tan bucket seats, and a cloth gray bench seat right now, no rear seats. I dont come across too many crew cabs for parts but if I get one with good interior I'll let ya know.

TestDriver

Reaction score
Update: Tank Score

Well, I broke down and decided to buy a tank I found on craigslist about 190 miles away. I figured it would take me less time to go get it than I had already wasted looking online. The only drawback is that I'd have to drive on diesel since I've exhausted my supply of ready motor oil. At least this would give me a chance to check on diesel milage as I drove.

The milage was not too good. I only got about 11 mpg at between 75 and 80 mph. At least I know this is as bad as it gets. Driving slower and with slightly taller tires, (the engine was spinning about 2600 rpm) I should get better. But, that's a topic for another thread.

The ironic part is that, as I was about to get home yesterday, I saw a newly placed, used tank for sale by the side of the road. It is almost exactly like the one now in my bed and located not 3 miles from where I live. It bummed me a bit till today when I stopped to look at it closer. The guy wants twice what I gave for mine and the person who sold it to me threw in a pair of nice shape Steeltex tires. I felt a bit better about it after that.

Anyway, if someone wants a 110 gallon, L-shaped tank with 12v pump for some $300 somewhere near Brighton MI, I know whereabouts you could find one.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online