Wanted: IDI turbo setup

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Wanted to buy: I'm looking for a factory( or aftermarket ) turbo setup for my '94 IDI engine. I have the stock crossover pipe and the "Y" pipe off the passenger side exhaust manifold, but I need everything else ( Turbo, pedestal, oil line, air cleaner, up and down pipes , ) could use the snail too, but if not available, I do have one attached to a later style turbo that I could cut off and use.
One that needs to be rebuilt would be OK if priced acordingly.

Thanks-------Robert

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Thank You. I can't wait to get this thing all together.

Thanks---------Robert

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I have found one here that said 7.3 turbo non psd everything you need $600. is this a good deal? and what do i look for when i go see it?
thanks
dwight

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
what do i look for when i go see it?
what do i look for when i go see it
If it's a stock setup, you can lookup the parts in a manual, if aftermarket, you can look at their websites and dig around and find what their kits need to be complete. Basically, you need the crosover pipe thst connects the drivers side exhaust manifold to the passenger side, the Y pipe that goes up to the turbo, the up pipe from the Y to the turbo ( unless not needed on some turbos, th up pipe is attached to the turbo ), Down pipe ( most likely have to buy that seperately ), Turbo, pedestal ( turbo mounts on it and it also drains the oil back to the crankcase ), oil feed line, Turbo valve cover for drivers side with either breather tube or CDR mount, Snail that fits over the intake manifold opening and attaches to turbo, Air filter setup.
You will also need to buy an injector install kit for about $30 for a turbo engine to get the T fiting to re-route the fuel return lines around the turbo , and a valve cover off the passenger side with the mount for the glow plug controller would be handy, but you could rig something easily enough.
I think that pretty well covers it , but if I missed anything, I'm sure someone can hop in .
--------Robert