VOTE: YES on Calif Prop 87

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for putting together that impressive list of flaming libs backing that iniative on the ballot.

with folks like

Allbright
Gavin Newsome
Villariagosa
SF Board of Sups
Don Perata
Davis City Council
Tom Hayden
Phil Angellides
Feinstein
Pelosi
Latino Orgs
CA Demo Party

and a few others backiing this, I think I will pass........

Isn't this the one they dragged Algore out to stump for???

Enuff said

big jake

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess every story has two sides. All available info should be considered when voting.

More info.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
We already have the 2nd highest fuel prices nationwide (2nd to Hawaii) and somethings gotta change. Wind and solar need to be more prevalent for innovations, tax incentives and at a lower price.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand your angst about fuel prices but do you cleave your nose just to spite your face? To raise taxes on oil production will only push you further dependent upon foriegn oil. If I am David J. O'Reilly and you tax my production at a higher rate, I just produce less and demand goes up as will prices at the pump and your dependence on a foriegn source.

I also agree that there is a strong and viable need for alternative energy sources. Does that mean the oil industry should foot the bill to find them? Should tobacco companies be tasked with finding the cure for cancer? Should weathermen be tasked with preventing hurricanes?

HERE is an article out of one of the most liberal main stream rags on the west coast.

robert wyrick

Reaction score
The big problem is the new emission standards. The new fuel is going to be even more expensive and now the newer trucks won't be able to have a choice to run biodiesel. People talk about alternative fuels and then turn around and shoot themselves in the foot with this. We should take a lesson from Brazil. The country has almost completely weaned itself from foreign oil by using biodiesel and ethanol.

Stefan

Reaction score
Being from California I wouldn't vote yes on any new tax for anyone other than for more fire fighters, police officers and teachers. Taxing the oil companies will result in higher fuel prices for the consumer, when has raising tax ever resulted in better prices for the consumer.

Here in California under Grey Davis he and his liberal buddies did everything possible to stop the building of power plants, geo thermal plants and even windmill driven power generation.

We here in California under the previous govenor did not produce enough electricity to supply ourselves!

Anything with Feinstein, Pelosi or Boxer attached to it, is reason to run the other way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online