Valley Rods Unlimited 30th Rod Run & Campout, Ord, Nebraska

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Was going to post this under my "finally gone and done it" thread, but figured it would fit better, here.

In town 4 days, drunk at least 10 times, hungover not less than 3 times. Even sang karaoke 4 times Friday night, at the bar: Faded Love{Bob Wills}, Be Like That{3DoorsDown}, Ain't Going Down til the Sun Comes Up{Garth}, Six Days on the Road{Dave Dudley}. A couple friends said I sounded good, and nobody threw food at me.

Saturday, due to a major hangover, I only made one pass throught the ;burnout box. Due to inexperience, I chose the wrong gear, so made much less smoke than I'd hoped. Only took about 1/3 of the tread off my burning tires. Just wasn't sure it would launch in 3rd, without toasting the new clutch. I will say that the old 402 sounded great holding 5 grand for 30 seconds.

One of the host club members got footage, but we didn't get to see it, because he lost his adapter cable. Might get him to bring it down to our Rod Run in September. Which reminds me...took the digital camera, but managed to leave it in the motel room, everytime we went to do something cool. :oops: :sorry:

194 registered entries, not counting the local club's rides. Sunday morning we were stacked 4 wide around 3 sides of the courthouse square, and halfway down a sidestreet.

One of our club members won an awesome Napa top box, customized by the local rod shop. Midnite blue, with HUGE silver flake, louvered top, with white pearl scallops. Our club presented their club with a plaque, recognizing their 30th annual Rod Run.

After awards, the bar owner, a club member, informed us that there were 2 nearly new kegs that needed drank up, before we left. It was Bud & Bud Light :puke: , but I choked it down anyhow. Cold and free is good for me. ;Sweet So, we played concrete volleyball, raced electric scooters, and told as many lies as we could remember. One of the scooters had a structural failure, and had to be transported to the local rod shop, for emergency reconstructive surgery.

After that, we went back to the motel, and killed more of our beer, more brain cells, both scooter batteries, and half a box of sidewalk chalk, drawing outlines of all the immobilized personnel. I bet the motel owner thinks they had a bunch of drunken kindergarteners in for the weekend. Hmmm, not so far from the truth, actually.

Found out that my "3.73 positrack" is actually a 3.90 posi, which runs me down the highway, 62-63mph@3000rpm. I had one of the old Kustom Signal Pro-1000 radar units, from the SO, mounted up on the dash. It takes absolutely nothing, to make it bawl the tires around any kind of a corner.

Tripmaker shows it at 364 miles, roundtrip, since we came back through Kearney.

Before I forget!! Thanks to:

Valley Rods Unlimited, for hosting an awesome 30th Annual Rod Run & Campout
K-Truck Line, for sacrificing their shop, which is an excellent place to party
The City of Ord, for putting up with all of us, for 4 days.

If God's willing, and the creek don't rise, we'll be back next year. Hope they all come down, for our 31st Rod Run & Campout, in September.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online