vacuume pump with dual pullyes

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
do they make our vacuum pump with dual pulleys? im looking at vaccume pumps to help run my vacuum wipers in the socut

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all my junkyard exploits, I've never seen one. What engine is tn that Scout anyways? The IDI alt has two-groove pulley from the factory, and the PS pumps can also be had with a two-groove pulley - the alt pulley can be swapped on any 1G-3G alt, and the PS pump pulleys can go on any C2 or Saginaw pumps (as long as the donor pump matches the one you run)...

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Ah yea your right its for my 71 800B scout

Hmmm bad news about the vacuum pump. The scout now has a 345 but will be getting a 392 but it has 2 belts that will be running to the alt but they also run over an ideler pulley, and id like to replace that pulley with an vacuum pump

in this pic you can see the pulley 1/2 way between the crank and the alt
not my pic, found it on the net

Attachments

• mb15_92.jpg
    mb15_92.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 16

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an idea - install a pump from a serpentine-drive IDI ('92-'94), IIRC the width of the pulley will be enough for the two V-belts to run side by side on their backs on it. Would that work?

Or you can always run the one belt to the alt only, and the other to the vac pump only - do you really need two belts to the alt? I got the 130-amp alt in my truck and I have pushed it to its limit and one belt seems to be enough for it...

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Interesting idea with the serpentine. yea i kinda do need both because the setup will be 2 belts run the alt and water pump but the PS only runs off the water pump (cant run off the crank do to clearance) so for 1 belt to basically run the water pump, alt and the PS is a bit much

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will a 2 groove ps pump pulley work on the vacuum pump? or just modify your vacuum pump with another pulley and make it a 2 groove

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you'll be putting a gas engine in it, why not just use manifold vacuum, maybe with an accumulator can with a check valve to get you through vacuum drops during hard acceleration?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting idea with the serpentine. yea i kinda do need both because the setup will be 2 belts run the alt and water pump but the PS only runs off the water pump (cant run off the crank do to clearance) so for 1 belt to basically run the water pump, alt and the PS is a bit much

No no, look at your IDI:
- you have one belt between the crank, wp and alt
- you have another belt between crank, wp, and vac pump
That still makes two belts between the crank and the wp, like it is now.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mount it off to the side of the alt and get a larger belt and run it on alt vac and whateverelse
do not run a v belt backwards itll throw a belt

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idlers? you mean like a tenshioner on the od of the belt? thats fine but when you make the belt go 180 half on a flat pully half on a v belt it would throw

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
No no, look at your IDI:
- you have one belt between the crank, wp and alt
- you have another belt between crank, wp, and vac pump
That still makes two belts between the crank and the wp, like it is now.

Yea that could work but then id need a who new place for the VP and im trying to keep the engine bay prety cleen so i thought to replace the idler pully (witch needs to be there to keep the belt away from the water tubes

bghnkinf350 Why not run a factory dual action fuel pump?

Going TBI electric pump, maybe use the mechanical fuel pump as a VP cookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online