Twin IP's?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Im not that worried about it, i'm just building a truck to have fun in. To me, what people think about it doesnt make me think twice about what i'm doing, as llong as i like it in the end because its mine...If it has poor aerodynamics, i dont really care, im not taking it to the bonneville salt flats trying to break a record... and to me i think a wing on a pickup just looks stupid, if you like em thats your thing, just my opinion. My friend(actually the one im getting the cummins from) has a cummins in a dually bronco on 37s, with some work to it, and thats even pretty quick. A cummins with more work in a little ranger mostly consisting of fiberglass is more than enough for me to have fun in

There you go, that's the reason to build anything, for YOU!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain either of these trucks would hand most streetable Corvettes their behind in the quarter mile....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUlVK-ihE_8

I just watched a corvette funny car go over 300 mph over the weekend, probably just as streetable as those two trucks.

That is not a comparison of apples to apples - maybe I should just post a video of a 5.55 - 1/4 mile time and leave you all looking for a truck running that! The original discussion was a cummins in a ranger. I have had a small block chevy in an S10, 4X4 and it was VERY difficult to get it rolling without spinning the tires. A ranger with that kind of power would be no different. There is a reason Corvette's were built, it's not comfort, it's not to haul, etc. it is to go fast, just as Mustangs, Camaro's, etc.

Hook_A_Chain

Reaction score
very true....i mean i just said that to say it i wasnt thinking about specificss when i said it, in all honesty, it would be hard to get it to beat a new vette, they have so much technology put into em, from a rolling start if i saw one on the highway probably, but that is no drag race at all. Its more fun when the tires spin anyway lol... 4x4 donuts are the best...and yah, those trucks in the vids definately dont see any street use lol, especially with a stack out the hood blowing smoke at idle...

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
very true....i mean i just said that to say it i wasnt thinking about specificss when i said it, in all honesty, it would be hard to get it to beat a new vette, they have so much technology put into em, from a rolling start if i saw one on the highway probably, but that is no drag race at all. Its more fun when the tires spin anyway lol... 4x4 donuts are the best...and yah, those trucks in the vids definately dont see any street use lol, especially with a stack out the hood blowing smoke at idle...

Well, as I said, you nailed the real reason to build anything, for you. It is a lot of hard work etc. I used to drag race a 71 Chevelle, talk about getting away from the norm. I had a 66 and 67 GTO as well. While everyone else was arguing who was best - Ford, Chevy, Dodge - rarely did you hear of Pontiac, till they messed around with one of the GTO's!!! :)

IHDiesel445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hook A Chain-
If you want serious fuel and are willing to do some fabricating, look into an inline V8 IP like one used on a 3208 Cat motor. I believe other manufacturers used them as well on V8 engines. I think maybe the big Cummins 8s used them. If you want to see one, there's a 3208 pump on eBay right now. Might be worth a look.

Eric

Hook_A_Chain

Reaction score
Hook A Chain-
If you want serious fuel and are willing to do some fabricating, look into an inline V8 IP like one used on a 3208 Cat motor. I believe other manufacturers used them as well on V8 engines. I think maybe the big Cummins 8s used them. If you want to see one, there's a 3208 pump on eBay right now. Might be worth a look.

Eric

alright thanks man...
I always wanted to put a 3208 into something too....but another project for another year cookoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online