Turtle III IDI for sale

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I saw that a while ago but their price is a little high for me lol! I'd love to have it. What a sweet truck!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I know that it's been a LOOONG time and a lot of beers ago, but I think that this story may be slightly mixed up. I don't really remember the Turtle 3, but it seems like there was a Turtle 4. I think that it was built very similar to the Turtle 3 only using an actual Factory Turbo truck as evidenced by the one picture of an OBS truck. I seem to recall that the trailer the OBS truck is pulling had a diesel powered generator in it that ran off of the truck's fuel supply and the truck may have had a larger tank installed to help extend range and feed the generator. I can remember reading about the build in Four Wheeler Magazine at the time. I can remember that, during the Siberia trip, they had to stop for the night and let the tires cool off, move, wait, move, wait, and then move again. The tires would still be slightly frozen to the ground in the morning. I'd like to hear more details, but it's still a cool piece of history.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online