Turbo ID (Powerstroke or IDI)?

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Hey all,
Ran across this today:

You must be registered for see images attach

It's off of a 94 so could be the IDI version or the Powerstroke version. I've never had my hands on either one and have no idea which it is (for that matter, it could be off of a 94 Probe/Mustang/Tbird, the guy didn't state, just that it's off of a 94 Ford).

Help IDing it is much appreciated :cheers:

oregon-mike

Reaction score
How complete is what you see there? I don't see the "forklift drove over it" pipe but that's about the only thing I would recognize on these things.

$30. ;Really

I emailed the person, haven't heard back yet....Probably worth it unless it's completely tatered? Hell, if it is totally shot, somebody from here could probably use the other parts eh?

Mike

tractorman86

Reaction score
yup early 94(IDI) just got me a turbo just like it, and heck yea shoot me a pm if you wanna part it out, i need two parts out of the three!LOL missing the down pipe(forklift ran over one), turbo pleneum, oil lines, intake housing(air box), and a few small parts IIRC

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
yup early 94(IDI) just got me a turbo just like it, and heck yea shoot me a pm if you wanna part it out, i need two parts out of the three!LOL missing the down pipe(forklift ran over one), turbo pleneum, oil lines, intake housing(air box), and a few small parts IIRC

you can make ur own oil feed line u could probably fab something up for the drain

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can make ur own oil feed line u could probably fab something up for the drain
the drain and the turbo mount pedestal is one unit. kinda critical.
but at that price, there's quite a bit of room to buy parts from ATS before the deal is no good.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
I'm picking it up this afternoon and will post back with more pics & probably more questions then.

Mike

tractorman86

Reaction score

i need the up pipe, ypipe, down pipe, and the pleneum. I'll fab the rest as you said, ill drain into the valley pan where the CVT valve sits and run a RDT out of the valvecover, been thinking about plumbing it into the exhaust tho.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
RDT out of the valvecover, been thinking about plumbing it into the exhaust tho.

im going to do that eventually in the summit racing mag they have the parts to do that here is the P/N check valve MOR-97800 $21 weld in nipple MOR-97810 $12 the page number is 142

oregon-mike

Reaction score
OK guys. Got it home. It looks like it was indeed off of a 94 IDI. It's got an International sticker on it anyway. I'm going to dig around to see if I downloaded the factory turbo pdf that's been posted a few times to see what I'm missing. What was in the photo above is what came with the unit today. Freewheels just fine, there's a bit of play in it but I'm not going to worry about that until I get closer to putting it on. I'll have somebody knowledgeable check it out for me first.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
dang, that beats the $100 I gave for my 088 kit. But I guess mine was probably worth the extra $70 since it is complete. lol
You scored big time man! These things arent getting any easier to find either.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
dang, that beats the $100 I gave for my 088 kit. But I guess mine was probably worth the extra $70 since it is complete. lol
You scored big time man! These things arent getting any easier to find either.

Hehe, yeah, I'm sure I'll have more than $70 into the rest of the parts. Time to start searching to see what I can find.

On another note: I found the turbo supplement on my work computer. It's been posted here but a local search & a google search didn't turn it up. I'd like to put it in the IDI tech articles but don't know if that'd be cool or not. People sell that thing online.....

Mike

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Hehe, yeah, I'm sure I'll have more than $70 into the rest of the parts. Time to start searching to see what I can find.

On another note: I found the turbo supplement on my work computer. It's been posted here but a local search & a google search didn't turn it up. I'd like to put it in the IDI tech articles but don't know if that'd be cool or not. People sell that thing online.....

Mike

I've got a intake hat I'll sell if you need one. See it here if interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online