Truck turns over will not run on starting fluid

tmeeks

Rollin on 40's
Reaction score
I need my truck to leave for a five hour drive to work tomorrow. Any help is greatly app. 01 F250 7.3. Turns over great but will not fire. Checked all fuses and relays. Checked low pressure fuel, pump is working. I am getting over 400 rpm's needed to crack fuel injectors, also have 12.6 on my batteries which spin over plenty fast enough. Tried starting fluid nothing. WTS light comes on glow plug motor runs correctly. There is fuel in the tank!! lol Truck was running perfect, changed starter solenoid on fender, then hasn't fired since.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I know little about psd but I do know that if the oil level isn't high enough it won't fire and if You replaced electric parts then I would check it over and over making sure I'm sure I didn't move anything that shouldn't be.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I need my truck to leave for a five hour drive to work tomorrow. Any help is greatly app. 01 F250 7.3. Turns over great but will not fire. Checked all fuses and relays. Checked low pressure fuel, pump is working. I am getting over 400 rpm's needed to crack fuel injectors, also have 12.6 on my batteries which spin over plenty fast enough. Tried starting fluid nothing. WTS light comes on glow plug motor runs correctly. There is fuel in the tank!! lol Truck was running perfect, changed starter solenoid on fender, then hasn't fired since.

That rite there may be your problem. double check all connections. If in doubt get a wiring diagram and figure it out. You have to start at the last change you made before you had a problem. Let us know what you find.
BTW, Welcomew to oilburners;Sweet
Ken

tmeeks

Rollin on 40's
Reaction score
Hey preciate it guys. Found that my battery terminal connector broke and wasn't getting a
good connection. Thought is was turning over fast enough but wasn't getting the 400 rpm's it needed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online