Truck Financing

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no kidding, if you don't mind me asking what kind of rates are they offering with the 1000 off with Chrysler financing. I figure I will start applying for financing around May 1st, then if my credit union is better I will push over to them. Scotty

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the rate is. The dealer "didn't know," so that means the rate stinks... He knew--he just didn't want to tell me.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably, good point, I am still looking at financing options and stuff. i jsut got a house, so hopefully it all pulls together. Scotty

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
beretzs said:
probably, good point, I am still looking at financing options and stuff. i jsut got a house, so hopefully it all pulls together. Scotty

Yeah... We're buying... and renovating part of a 65 year old house, ourselves.

Ouch... New (to us) house... new truck... Grrrrr.....

Oh, master.... Master Card....

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great time to sell the Farm Truck.
Just got a voice mail that you in the process of organizing the sale. :thumbsup:

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Sometimes ya just gotta bite the bullet and get rid of 'em all.

Too many vehicles in the herd... had to make the hard decision that the '91 Ford must go. Keeping 3 vehicles up on maintenance, insurance, registration is driving me batty--got other things to do. :)

Squirreltow will probably be picking up the IDI soon. He's getting a good deal. :)

Mike

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
Not sure what the rate is. The dealer "didn't know," so that means the rate stinks... He knew--he just didn't want to tell me.
Mikes91,

I would avoid the dealer's financing all together unless he is offering 0%. He knows damn well what the rate is and is just trying to screw you. Arrange your own financing PRIOR to making the deal, you might get a better rate from your credit union or savings bank. Any factory rebates will still apply regardless who you finance the truck thru.

Also don't pay one dollar over "factory invoice" for the vehicle. The dealer will squawk but he will still make money on the deal. It's done all the time believe me as I have done it myself and insist on a copy of the "invoice". If the dealer says no deal, tell him goodbye and walk out the door. Dealers can sell vehicles below "invoice" and still make a profit. They make their money from the factory and from the extras they sell you like undercoating, paint protection and extended warranties.

Which brings up another good point, I'm not one to buy extended warranties BUT because the truck is a Diesel, I think in this case a extended warranty is a good idea. That's just my opinion because the first time I used my extended warranty it saved me $2800 but the 7 year warranty cost $1200 so I actually saved $1600. But don't buy any of that other crap they try to force on you, it's a waste of money.

Good luck with your new truck.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, do yo have your new rig yet? I financed through USAA and got a great rate, not bette than 0 but darn good. I did not get the extended warranty but I do have time, You have until 35,999 to get the actual Chrysler extended and if your truck has problems, that would be the time to get it. My truck runs great and has power like you would never imagine. No hindsight here, I know I made the right choice and so will you. Last tank averaged 19.62 (3500 miles (overall) 650 miles to the tank))by keeping under 65mph the whole tank. Scotty

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Scotty. That's GREAT MILEAGE!! I don't have the truck--should be delivered to the dealer in 2 weeks, then it'll be a week or two before I can get up there to pick it up because I have to work weekends on shift.

I can't wait for the truck... hoping I made the right decision on the 4x2. I just couldn't justify the extra expense of a 4x4... we'll see what happens. Lots of sand around here--my wife's little half ton gets stuck trying to back an empty bumper pull horse trailer.

I never had ANY problems with my 4x2 F-350, though, so expect the new Ram to do Okay.

Looks like GM has a winner in the new Duramax and 6 speed auto. Hope our 6 speed manuals will hold up to those, at least...

Anyway... I will finance through Dodge to start, then on to USAA in all likelihood. Pen Fed may also have some good rates...

Mike

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
USAA did me good on my truck, made buying really easy. Plus, since my insurance is through them, it makes everything pretty easy. Anyhow, Hope you get that truck soon. Wife just took the truck to Concord with a little less than half a tank left in the truck so when the light came on she had 732 miles on it. I am very happy with the mileage. HAven't towed yet, but should be able to get some weight behind it for the 4th of July weekend. Scotty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online